Legal Advice after FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short.

After years arguing with RBS I took my complaint to the Ombudsman.

This was initially thrown out but I knew I was right so appealed and won.

It's worth knowing that the Ombudsmans caseload is filtered by minions who know nothing about Financial Services and are clearly there just to deter people.

the RBS had to refund charges,

pay compensation etc

the main issue led to other financial problems which led to court action which led to my credit rating being stuffed.

The FOS say they have no jurisdiction over the Courts so I need to take independent legal action.

Does anyone know of a solicitors who will pursue the banks?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

I didn't use a solicitor for my appeal, did it myself. Although I won my appeal I wasn't satisfied but I got nowhere with further action against them because I couldn't find a solicitor who was willing to pursue it and have too much on my plate to waste more time - although its bugging me and I know I should.

If it is your first appeal then it should be dealt with by the actual Ombudsman and not the oik who turned you down the first time, they're just there to filter appeals and get rid of people as quickly as possible and know bugger all about FS. It's only because I used to work in a bank that I absolutely knew I was right.

If you're not sure of your position and cant find a solicitor to use then contact Citizens Advice. Is it the same issue I had, Right of First Appropriation, or something else with them?

• 2 weeks later...