Should I go after MBNA

Mustard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am on arrangements with MBNA for the large Credit Card debts I have with them. But I also have a amount of charges outstanding.

My question is. Should I claim my charges now or leave things be whilst MBNA have been 'good' enough to accept reduced payments and a short settlement. I dont want to rock the boat of course but on the other hand want my ££ due.

I do have written confirmation of the short settlement which is to be paid in Sept 06 and also confirmation of the reduced payments on the other 2 MBNA card?

Thanks all

Mustard Man !

In the same sort of position although probably not as extreme as yourself from the way you have described things.

I have an outstanding balance and I will issue proceedings against them if neccessary. I will quite happily accept them reducing the charges from my o/s balance and carry on paying them as and when my statements are due. I do not have a payment arrangement in place as I have not defaulted and the payments aren't really a problem for me but I just hate MBNA now.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago and was told that there is a chance they may counter claim for your outstanding balance. No big deal, you would just deduct your charges if you win at court and make a new payment arrangement with MBNA. They will not sell the debt on to a third party if you are still willing to pay them as they sell the debt on at a fraction of the cost. You should be ok mate !

Im in a very similar position except that MBNA have sold my debt on to a collection agency and now this is being managed by a debt company. I am awaiting the outcome from two claims against Natwest and Barclays (5 days left to file a defence). if (sorry WHEN) they have settled i am going to look at all of my cards and get my money back from them. Most of my eventual debt with MBNA was cahrges and interest.

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

• 3 years later...

I couldn't find out how to open a new post, so in desperation, I am posting my problem here in the hopes that someone will reply.

We opened a Virgin a/c not knowing it was actually MBNA. It was 6 months interest free and we opened it on line and ticked the payment protection. It is in my husband's name and he lost his job in January. We tried to claim but were told he was not covered because his job had been a temporary position (he had been there 2 years). We are trying to claim the premiums back as we were sold the protection without knowing the facts.

The 6 month interest free stopped in June, so as soon as we got the June statement, we paid off the full amount that same day. We have just received the July statement and there is interest on it. We phoned MBNA and they said that you have to have 2 months of paying off the full balance before interest won't be charged!!

I have never known this before - is this usual? We get an interest free credit card every winter to get us through to the summer as we have a seasonal business. We always pay it off in full when the interest free period is finished and have never come across this. Is there anything we can do?

We have done nothing but pay hidden charges on this account. The payment protection was the same amount every month as the minimum payment, so the balance hasn't been reduced. When we paid off the balance (£9000), they reduced our credit limit to £500. Now we are still paying interest even though it was paid off 10 days before the payment due date.

Can anyone give us advice please? Have we been stupid? Can we claim anything back?

Thank you

• 9 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks