Need Help Faulty Goods Refund - Door fitter threatening to rip out door

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - 5 months ago I had a new composite door / frame set fitted by a supposedly reputable company . Long story short they made a terrible mess and the door was faulty , damaged and the fitters damaged the door and my property whilst fitting .They also took my old door and frame away as they had to smash it out trying to get it out . I never signed the job off and complained straight away . The company sent the 'fitting company' manager to assess the door and he agreed it was terrible and verbally said that we would get a new door and fittings ( that were also damaged ) but not a frame . I was annoyed about this as they come as a factory calibrated set and also the removal of the frames would cause damage and scratches to the frame which was not what we ordered ie a brand new door . We asked for a full replacement of the door set and that was refused .We then noticed further damage to the brickwork under the door that was just placed back and never reported to us .We have since asked for a refund / been refused and had to go the bank for section 75 claim .After legal wrangling with the bank ( suppliers of the interest free credit) the company now wants to 'cancel' the contract and says we have 30 days to get a replacement door and we have to inform them to collect the door so we will be left without our perfectly good old door - a large hole and damaged brickwork ! Do we have any rights to 'restore' us back to the way it was before the work was done - can they legally come and remove the door if they cancel the contract ? Have we any legal redress for the fact we have to get another fitter and get the damaged brickwork mended ?

What the bank means is that you will get a refund on the new door, but then you'll be left without a door and damaged brickwork.

To recover this loss you will need to take the company to court, however I look at this from another angle:

Once they refund the door you'll get another company to fit another door and I'm sure they won't charge extra to fix a few bricks.

So in the end you'll be left with a new undamaged door for the price you originally paid.

No need to go to court imo.

Start looking for another door, give the company the opportunity to remove their door and if they don't want to do it, make sure you take plenty of pictures before fitting a new one so they can't claim that the door was in perfect condition.