Fact Finding Interview - Do I have to go a 2nd time?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been suspended from work on pay.

It has been over two months now and I was invited in to work last week for an investigative (fact finding) interview.

I had already prepared a statement of fact which I presented at the interview. I also answered all questions asked of me.

I completely deny the allegation set out.

I am extremely stressed and anxious by the whole situation and I 100% know I am innocent of the allegations (I know, that's what they all say..).

I have said all I need to say - I have given my side of the incident and do not wish to say anything further.

Do I have to go in for this further interview? I really feel they're just going to try and trip me up (even though facts won't allow it but that's not the point). I'm not confident in their ability to carry out a fair investigation.

What are my rights to not have to give my account a third time?

No rights I'm afraid - whilst it may be excessive to ask for you to go over the facts again, it could easily be spun by the employer as a thorough process giving you ample opportunity to review any statements made and evidence gathered in order to conduct a fair investigation

Avoiding any part of this process could equally be deemed unhelpful to your case

Naturally it is stressful, but think of it this way - they could have proceeded straight to a disciplinary hearing after the first investigatory hearing and it may be that rather than trip you up this is an opportunity to add further emphasis to your innocence

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Sidewinder is right, if they really believed you were guilty they would have gone to disciplinary.

I see a second fact finding as a positive thing.

Go through your statement and their evidence and try to predict any tricky question they might ask about inconsistencies.

Ask someone else to look at the case, 4 pair of eyes are better than 2 and you might find that you missed a little detail that proves your innocence.

Maybe ask a good union rep if you're in the union or an experienced colleague who has seen it all.

Good luck.