• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

156x16 = ???

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

for over 2 grand, i sure hope it was a 58 inch curved 3d one with all the extras.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Using an online tool I got the repayments at about £19 per week on that interest rate. Total repayment about £2900

What exactly are you confused about, how much you will pay in total, how much you will repay in total or how much you should be paying at that interest rate to pay it all off in 156 weeks?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Sorry what I mean is

I've got a TV bought for 1256.01

payments £16 aweek for 156 weeks =2456

but I worked out 1256.01 @69.9%=2133 am I missing something or being stupid?

156x16 = ???

=2496 1256 @ 69.9 = 2133

that's not how you work out interest

its weekly on the outstanding balance

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When we were in the shop today they couldn't explain to us how it works they said it's complicated!

Why is it?

They said it's because it's cash price what does that even mean?

Yes sometimes I can be stupid and wrong about things but I just want to understand.

The person even said that she would refuse to deal with me

I said why I just wanted to know how it was worked out at that price

I think it was because they couldn't work it out so wanted me gone!

They also said they don't charge late charges anymore because they are being investigated

not that we've ever been late

I said precisely why I don't trust brighthouse they're shady

changing codes on products so difficult to find like for like &

hiding insurance cover in 5 star service ,

charge 69.9%

isn't that enough profit wrong wrong wrong!

So what is front loaded interest?

yep correct

1256.01 +69.9% [=877.95]= 2133.96

I make that 13.67 PCW

sorry I was on a small screen not via my server

dx

and they

Im thinking sending a CCA Request which should have all the costs on it :)

That might be an idea... It might be an insurance that is bumping up the price :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Bh deliberately make it difficult for you to find out how much you are actually paying regarding a full breakdown. They merged everything into one number as they were getting caught out with late charges and bogus insurances.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What everyone is missing out is that it is over 156 weeks about 3 years . So the total amount of interest is more than 69.9% .

Does your agreement tell you the interest rate, the Apr and the total cost for credit?

All compound interest rate calculations are complicated and will depend on how often the interest is applied

An example, a credit card may show an interest rate of 12% but that may be 12% added once a year or 1% added each month or a daily rate. Each will alter the Apr.

Attachment unapproved... It contains personal info...

Ialso have a better a idea. Go get Officelens from App store. It will make a MUCH better photo :)

Take the photo face with the page flat on a table and make it fit in the boxes

Just blank out the personal bits and we can have a look.

Id like to see all the terms and conditions in full. Call it intrigue...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Also the cash price is the RRP with BH's markup on it too... So they already make a crapaload of profit before adding on insurances etc

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/02/04/brighthouse/

Worth a read...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So lets do a comparitive here...

Ive picked randomly the S7 edge which they do locked to Vodafone. Bear that in mind.

CPW offer the phone for 569.99 and you can claim a gear fit... No extra cost.

This device is unlocked from CPW.

The guys at not so "Brighthouse" off the bat charge £657 for the device. This makes them already quite expensive and you cant claim the gear fit. Its locked to Vodafone.

Then they add ServicePlus for £197 making it £854 for the phone before you even get to insurance. If you add in just the APR at this point 99.9% quoted on their site... The total cost becomes - **DRUMROLL** £1,365.00

Then the insurance they add which your are more undoubtedly FORCED to take at £3.53 a week.

The final cost of this phone over 18 months is.... Around about

£1640

While ive been working this out, it bought me to your case... I think youve been gotten with insurance that they havent taken off.

OR the APR int right what theyve quoted...

Which TV is it? Have a look on their site, tell me what it is...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

and they

Looking at the BH website the 'insurance' they offer seems to be product insurance for a couple of quid a week.

The real deal breaker is the service plus , this appears to be a sum added on at the start where you pay interest as well and is 30% plus of the purchase price.

I hate BH for the way it taps into the rampant consumerism we are all indoctrinated into.

Our tv isn't on the site nearest tv is sony 55inch android. Our branch are supposed to be phoning tonight to tell us how it's all worked out. Do you still want me to put up our contract onto the site?

Just had phonecall

they said were being sent breakdown of our payments

not waiting for it

so gonna pop in after work and collect it.

I think it's the five star thing that's been added without our knowledge

not wanted

not needed

give us money back now!

Shop doesn't want us in the store

so representative has phoned

apparently we don't have five star or any insurance

the way it works is

he said to explain in the best way for me

is its like a car and when you take a car off the showroom floor you have depreciation

it works the same with their products

when its taken off the shop floor its lost value so the APR 69.9% changes from 69.9% APR to more the second year and then more 3rd year am I being stupid again but what the!!!

Hi I think I have attached agreement per annum it states 69.9% APR

Scan0717.pdf

load of cobblers...

also what is 'the option period starting on the day of your final payment'?

that not an agreement you ve got

its a pre contract information sheet.

you need the signed CCA and the relevant T&C's

dx

and they