Barclays Additions - Request for Refund of Fees

Alice1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you so much for your valued advice slick132.

I will do as you have advised.

The full address that I sent the SAR to is:

Barclays Bank Plc

Head Office Customer Relations

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

I will update thread with any progress.

Thanks again, Alice

Hi Alice,

The address you used for the SAR is fine. My concern was that you can't use RM Signed For delivery with a PO Box address.

So reply to the letter as I said above.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi All,

Feeling very Frustrated with Barclays!!!

Sent off the recommended letter regarding their decision and my SAR to Barclays Leicester by Royal Mail Second Class recorded on Friday. Should have arrived by now but hasn't been signed for.

This is the second letter sent in February to that address, the first letter sent on the 13th February First Class recorded still hasn't got there.

It makes me think they reject signed for mail.

How can I get a letter to them and know that it has been received?

Should I try special delivery?

Or just send one normally with a certificate of posting and ask in the letter that they confirm receipt in writing?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks Alice.

Give it a few more days for the bank to sign for your letter, or not.

Let us know next week.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks slick132,

It's been two weeks now and the letter still hasn't been signed for by Barclays; what should I do now?

Thanks in advance for any advice; it is greatly appreciated.

Alice

Hi Alice,

Have you asked R Mail where the letter(s) is and why it's not been signed for. It could be that they have failed to report successful delivery.

There were 2 letters - 1 to Leicester about the decision to reject your claim; and 1 to London HQ with the SAR.

For each letter, please confirm if it's been signed for or replied to yet.

Hi Alice,

Have you asked R Mail where the letter(s) is and why it's not been signed for. It could be that they have failed to report successful delivery.

There were 2 letters - 1 to Leicester about the decision to reject your claim; and 1 to London HQ with the SAR.

For each letter, please confirm if it's been signed for or replied to yet.

I asked at the delivery office and they could only see what I could see on the tracking; they gave me the customer services number to ring which I will do tomorrow.

The SAR letter to the London address was received and I have delivery confirmation for this. As of today I have had no correspondence regarding my application for information and the cheque has not been cashed.

I have sent two letters recorded delivery to Leicester:

The first regarding their letter about returning my questionnaire; this was not signed for but I think they received it because I sent it on a Friday and I received the phone call from them regarding the claim on the following Wednesday or Thursda.The man said that he had enough information: this suggests to me that he was saying that he did not need the questionnaire, so did he receive my letter?

The second was the letter I sent regarding their decision, this has not been signed for and I have had no correspondence in response to the letter.

Thanks Alice

Ok, give us an update when you've spoken to RM.

Spoke to Rm, my tracking number for the reply to their decision is now listed as missing. They said that Barclays might have the letter as signed for mail is signed for in bulk by big companies. I told them it was important I have proof of delivery; they said if I resend using special delivery I will definitely get a signature.

Regarding my SAR still no correspondence, cheque still not cashed. The 40 days is up on Monday (In my count I included weekends).

Thanks CuriousBee for your advice, but I really need them to give me all info in paper format.

Thanks Alice

Edited by Alice1971

I am waiting for my SAR as well, and they have not cashed the cheque. At lease Claire was able to tell me that they are in their 21 days of 40 days and I will get it in further two and a half weeks. I believe she is the UK complaints managing agent.

Good luck - I am sure it won't be long now and you will get it sorted.

FYI Barclays are terribly slow at getting SAR's out in time, mine took almost 4 months.

On the plus side, they will compensate for the error if it is late.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I'd complain to RM about their failure. You've paid for your item to be signed for and RM's tracking system should tell you where the item was last logged.

Send the chasing letter if the SAR is late.

Hi Alice - I got my SAR documents today. But they have not included any application forms or agreements with the documents. I may have to send a separate CCA letter for that.

Please call that telephone number I gave you. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and she said the documents will be sent to my nearest branch and today I went and collected it.

I was surprised as I only sent the letter on 23rd February. Ask for the UK complaints manager.

Good luck.

Hi CB,

The SAR is a request for data about you held by the bank but they're not obliged to produce specific copy documents.

As you say, only a CCA request will produce a credit agreement/application.

Sorry to Alice for the highjack.

I'd complain to RM about their failure. You've paid for your item to be signed for and RM's tracking system should tell you where the item was last logged.

Send the chasing letter if the SAR is late.

Thanks slick132, and no problem with the hijack.

Will update as necessary.

Alice

Thanks Martin for your input. I will persevere with my application.

Thanks CB, I will send a chasing letter first as advised by slick132. If I have no joy still maybe I will ring the number that you have kindly given.

I will update as necessary.

Thanks again,

Alice

Update:

Today I recieved some information in response to my SAR.

The information came from the Subject Access Request Team at Leicester. I was very disappointed with what they have sent, I received:

Reams of dot matrix printed Informatiom relating to my Barclaycards and also my Rbs credit card.

And a 'DATA PROTECTION ACT SUBJECT ACCESS REPORT' consisting of 41 pages which to be honest has very little information in it.

This is all that I have received.

The report has no references to me opening the Additions account in May 96, closing the Additions account on Sunday 01/02/98 or any reference to me re-opening an Additions account in April 98.

The only reference it has; is to me supposedly upgrading to Additions plus on 21/06/05. In the 'Notepad Details' section:

Note pad text:

'customer would like to upgrade to add plus from additions for comprehensive travel insurance no further on required please sanction'

The thing is in the period of 2003 to 2008 I didn't go on holiday at all and I have only been abroad on holiday once in 1994. Most of my holidays out of this period have been camping so I would never have upgraded for comprehensive travel insurance. Also as I have said previously I had just found out that there was a significant chance that I would be made redundant, so I certainly would not have been planning any holidays at that time.

On the report it days 'data extracted 13/02/17' so it's taken a month for me to receive it.

In the covering letter it does say:

'If there is other information that you expected to receive in response to your request please let us know, providing as much specific detail as you can to help us locate what you want'

So should I ask for information relating to my closing and re-opening additions In 1998?

The covering letter also says:

'due to the type of information requested, there may be multiple packaged files sent to you by secure post'

Does this mean I may receive more information from other Barclays locations/ departments?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alice

Hi Alice,

You should assume for now that you've rec'd all they're sending.

But go through it all v carefully to make sure nothing is overlooked.

If you feel certain important data about you is missing, go back to them to query this.

Let us know what you're going to do, or if you need suggestions.

There was nothing much in my bundle of documents either. One of the statements did not have any data - that is the one I am querying. I think there is a telephone number on the letters that they sent so you can call them up if you are not happy or expecting something that you need.

CB

A follow up letter would be better than a call.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I agree with Martin - whatever you need to query or complain about - put it in writing.

• 1 month later...

Hello all

I have been reading this with a lot of interest as I have received my statements from Barclays. However, they do have a specific address in Leicester for SARs. They have also sent me my Egg Card statements. I do not wish to hijack Alices thread but this my first post on CAG and was wondering if anybody had been successful in claiming back fees from Barclays Additions accounts?

Many thanks in advace

DD

start a new thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...