Sharing of information with DWP

rossa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is the right place for this question.

I currently receive ESA, but am considering trying to get back into work, although I'm not sure if I'm ready.

I'm interested in a job with the NHS, but am worried that if I apply, but don't get the job or don't feel well enough to accept when I learn more about it, the NHS will nevertheless share the information about my application with the DWP, which will affect my ESA.

So, would the NHS be able to share my personal data/details of the application with the DWP in these circumstances?

Thank you in advance. :)

No, the NHS would not be permitted to share the information with the DWP in these circumstances and I suspect it would not do so even if it were allowed. But this is covered by the Data Protection Act, so it's simply not allowed. The DWP can only legally obtain information about this sort of thing if it has matched you with the vacancy and directed you to apply. This only affects JSA claimants, and only in limited, specific circumstances.

Also, you won't lose ESA because you decline a job offer - that's not how the benefit works. The idea is that you should not be penalised for trying something like applying for work, going to an interview etc, even if it doesn't work out in the end. That would be counterproductive, as people would simply stop applying for jobs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.