KS7000 small screen chip

culleton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I brought the 49ks7000 on Black Friday for when i move house (still not moved yet) & have kept it boxed up till recently to check if it worked.

At the weekend i hooked my computer up to the TV and noticed a small white dot (a few pixels in size) on the screen when the computer boots up and displays a black background. I just assumed it was a bit of fluff or something on there, last night i noticed it again on boot up and had a closer look and It seems to be a tiny chip less than a millimeter.

As long as I've had it nothing has impacted on the TV at all or anything at all to cause this, it has to be on the TV in the first hand or been a defect. I'm just annoyed a didn't spot it sooner!

I'm wondering if i have a leg to stand on in getting it replaced/repaired by currys under warranty and if not what i can do (if anything). I still have all the box packaging and all the plastic protecting is still on the TV apart from the screen.

Thanks for any help!!

under the consumer rights act you have upto 6yrs just like the old SOGA.

forget the warranty its worthless

if currys want to claim on it that's their problem.

you claim is against currys as the retailer.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it is a chip, Currys will claim it was damaged by the customer and absolve themselves of any blame. It will be hard for the PO that the chip was there on delivery. We learnt the hard way and now check everything on delivery even if we are not going to use the item for a couple of months.