Parking Ticket for not displaying parking permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope you can help.

I have a parking permit to park on the road outside my house because otherwise I would get a pcn.

Recently the permit came off the dashboard & I got a parking ticket

when I disputed it they said I would still have to pay it because it was not properly displayed.

the next time I tucked it between the dash & the window but it had slipped down a little further so you couldn't see the date properly.

Now I have received another pcn is there anything I can do?

Thanks

In this case I think that your only option is to follow the appeals procedure and present your case in person at that hearing.

You may find a sympathetic official and if you assure him/her you have taken steps to ensure your permit is now securely mounted in a visible position he/she may allow the appeal as you are a permit holder.

If you take it to PATAS or its equivalent elsewhere you need to take photographs of the permit in situ and explain about the lack of adhesive on the permits issied by the council.

There is case precedent for this so look it up on the PATAS notable cases web site.

It wont stop them issuing PCN's though,

each case will be taken on its merits and councils are very pig headed when it comes to getting their hands on other people's money

Hi ericsbrother (like the name by the way :-D)

Thanks for your reply. Shouldn't they have record of who has permits in the area? :frown:

I meant to say shouldn't they have information about who has a permit on the machine they carry round with them?

that would depend on the exact scheme the coucil runs. Some do, some dont.

You also have the added complication of visitors permits and how they are administered.

Some councils let you buy them in advance and use a scratch off panel when in use,

others issue them on demand, others will use a ringo type system.

As technology changes you also find councils that use 3 different systems simultaneously (London Borough of Sutton for example)