style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

just wondering if anyone is having the HS2 train coming anywhere near them? I am in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire and been told it will be coming through here!

Thoughts? good/bad? Do not really know much about it right now

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

It's no coming up to Edinburgh then :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/575886/RFS2_East_Midlands_V2.pdf

If your property is close to a HS2 station, but not directly affected : expect its value to rise.

https://www.gov.uk/claim-compensation-if-affected-by-hs2/overview

If 'blighted' by the potential route ; expect to be compensated.

my house is HA, I have a rail line near me but it is used mainly for goods trains, they do run sprinter trains on it and also other passenger trains at times, the main line is a lot further away

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

If the financial institutions desert London there may be far less of any case for HS2, even more so if the 'City Powerhouse' concepts are continued.

Consider also that if/When Scotland secedes, the Northern Cities may become centers of commerce with Scotland and Edinburgh, and not give much of a darn about London.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Well there is a bright side

Scotland Secedes,

Northern Ireland and Wales follow and become the Federation of Atlantic states

(Becoming known as Atlantis)

The major Northern Cities soon secede and Join the FoAS and then Hadriens wall is rebuilt from Ipswich to South of Bristol leaving Loondon in a state all on its own.

Westminster politicians are denied access to the FoAS.

Eire, Norway, Iceland, Greenland and Normandy quickly create ever closer ties with the FoAS within the EU.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

• 1 year later...

Just had some more information re this, where I am a lot of people are against it while others say it will bring jobs etc to our town.

I know nothing about it lol

Sandy xx

Seems completely wrong to me Snowdragon.

The railways cost too much and dont run on time, and ecologically damaging. There is no reason whatsoever to believe this will not be the same.

and how many people will this really benefit for the cost? Not enough to justify the massive cost in money, let alone the impact to greenbelt/farmland, areas of outstanding beauty, businesses and homes.

Far more sense is to upgrade the national Internet backbones between the major cities and create satellite offices with rooms to hire with high speed reliable network connections.

Cheaper, more ecologically friendly and far more travel time vs home time friendly and reducing the pressure on London transport and environment..

Real benefits to local jobs and the national infrastructure rather than just benefiting a few rich trypes (oops typo) who want homes away from their businesses in Loondon.

The Tory Legacy

It is just an ego trip for someone and when a load of people in govt nodded it then became too late to cancel it without losing face, just like the millenium dome. £3 billion on consultants already spent.

I like trains, I like travelling on trains but TBH they dotn go where you wnat them to. saying they go from Liondon to birminham in a nanosecod is actually meaningless when it comes to the real journeys peopel make from door to door.

I live on the south coast and if I used th HS2 service I still have the problem of spending 2.5 hours getting to London and then another half hour crossing the city plus the time I need to fight my way out of the centre of Brum to get to Castle Bromwich or wherever. Now if I want to take a slow cooker I have bought as a wedding present with me that means I cant use the train. Then there is the cost of travel, I can take 4 other people in my car for less tha the price of my ticket and to pay for the infrastructure the new trains will ahve to carry 100000 people a day to even start to pay for themselves so that is still overcrowding unless you run a train every 15 minutes. Now, if the train does carry that amount of peopel the M40 will be half empty so even more reason to drive.

The biggest problem with railways in thsi country is where they go and when they were built it was London as a terminus. The fighting over passengers back in Victorian times stopped us building a railway that could actually transport peopel though or around London easily and that limits your rail capacity for train movements. In Amsterdam and Madrid they realised this and built new stations for though traffic and put the local services on a loop to get them out of the platforms pronto. A super fast A to B is still the same problem as the old A to B.

HS2 should be totally scrapped,we are sold the idea that London to Birmingham will be 18 minutes quicker and far more expensive,How about getting an earlier train if 18 minutes is the issue.To me the biggest issue is HS2 will not connect with HS1,you will have to change in London and go to another station.Totally Illogical

fs