Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: Mbna ppi

Default Mbna ppi

Hi All
    Just got my SARicon back from MBNA. CC taken out 1998. Defaulted 2003. Informed no CCA which is good to know as DCAicon chasing and have been cca,d.

My question is the statments show payment protection insurance as well as penalty fees for late payments and over limit. Is it too late to claim these back?

Many thanks

Default Re: Mbna ppi

probably not
    but penalty charges that are not as a direct result of PPIicon might be.

a long read but:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...light=MBNA+PPI

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Thanks for the info dx will have a read

Default Overlimit and Late Fees

I am currently in process of claiming back PPIicon on a MBNA card - they have tried ringing me last week regarding this having already confirmed there is PPI on the account. I have noticed in my SARicon that I was charged numerous times for over limit and late fees these ranged from 15, 18 and 20.

Couple of questions please - is it wise to talk to them on phone as I have heard they cam be quite awkward. Also can I claim back fees?

Default Re: Overlimit and Late Fees

You can reclaim then. You may have a struggle, but they can be reclaimed. And when it comes to financial info, always do it by post, unless you have the ability to record the phone conversation in full.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks renegadeimp, I dont really want to talk on phone in case I slip up. I do have the ability though to record phone callsicon. How do I go about claiming back the fees - I have the details from my SARicon?

Many thanks for help!

I would await the result of the PPIicon claim
    hope you used a spreadsheet and the fosicon questionnaire, not simply a speculative letter.

you may well find some of the charges are refunded under the PPI claim, as without PPI, at that date of each charge, you might not have been overlimit or needed to pay anything so the late fee was bogus.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

old and new threads merged.

post 2 seems to have a useful link regarding your question.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Thanks DX I will have a read of the Link. I used MBNA online form for the PPIicon but have a spreadsheet from this site to compare against what they come back with.

you should know better than to use OC PPIicon Online forms.
    this is why they are phoning you
    they are incomplete by nature and require further input
    this is where they limit your reclaim or wipe it out all together by asking loaded questions.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Ok my mistake - can I send the fosicon questionnaire or it too late.

did you retain a copy of the MBNA online form you filled out?

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

No I didnt get the option - I will e mail them for a copy

Hi All

I have had an offer back which is more than I calculated - however they have not refunded any overlimit or late fees (these ranged from 15, 18 and 20). Should these have been refunded with PPIicon or will I have to raise another complaint. donationicon will be made when my payment arrives.