Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: lowell PAP letter of claim - old Studio CAT debt - balance all charges

title updated

you need to follow post 4 here.
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...l-Legal-Issues

put for the reason you dispute it is that the balance is solely made of unlawful penalty charges

inc a copy of your spready's

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Maudymumfuzz Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2014

Default Re: lowell PAP letter of claim - old Studio CAT debt - balance all charges

Thanks dx - looking at post 4 as you suggested, it mentions 'Statutory Demand' - this letter doesn't seem to mention that particular wording anywhere. Is this basically what it is?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Maudymumfuzz Novitiate

Thank you so much. Just realised the letter is dated 18/06 - i dont have much time... best get my a** into gear!

Thank you again

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

thanks andy wrong link oppss..

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Maudymumfuzz Novitiate

Ah Andy - just realised you had posted the recent link, apologies and thank you. I am hoping i understand it all enough to get my head around it. Off to do some searching - could use as much knowledge as possible.

Thank u - Maudy

just click the link that andy sent
    goto post 4
    shows you exactly what to do..

use OUR LINK there for the reply form
    DO NOT use the one sent to you by them.

when you tick box d
    answer they q of why you dispute the debt..put for the reason you dispute it is that the balance is solely made of unlawful penalty charges

inc a copy of your spready's you did last year.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Maudymumfuzz Novitiate

Thank you sooo much dx i was getting panicky for a minute!

That makes much more sense

- one question about the spreadsheets i did,
    i have the Compound Int and the Statutory Int and now due to the amount of time elapsed the total is well over 8k
    - do you think that sounds right or have i cocked it up somewhere maybe?

I'm so grateful for your replies i really am,
    and so thankful i came on and commented again

- i was so tempted to just add the letter to the rest of the pile!!!

Thank the Lord i didn't
    - sounds like this is one i need to reply to...
    Maudy

Follows
    Following

the CISHEET should already have a claim to date from before, that remains the same.

the statint sheet should show todays date in the claim to box [it increments auto] so resave it before you print it

attach both to the reply form

ensure all paperwork has their ref number on it too

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Maudymumfuzz Novitiate

Hi again,
    sorry to be a pain!
    I don't know it makes a difference on the wording but when i am completing Box D 'I dispute the debt'

i write 'the balance is solely made up of penalty charges,
    do i need to say plus interest?

As the debt itself is 1000,
    the penalty charges total 750
    but the stat int and compound int total 8k since 2009...

i.e. I didnt want them to say i was making an incorrect statement if you know what I mean. Or i am worrying over nothing?

Thank you as always

Follows
    Following

Worrying about nothing

Just inc spreadsheet s

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Try not to get side tracked with this as it will be irrelevant to Lowell...and they will probably still issue a claim.

I think a simple reason as to why you dispute it is enough without attaching spread sheets.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Maudymumfuzz Novitiate

Thank you both.
    What is the process once/if they issue a claim?
    Does that mean attending court?

Can you point me in the right direction of any reading for similar cases if possible?

Thank you again

Red top toolbar search CAGicon box

claimformicon Lowell cat

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Maudymumfuzz Novitiate

Me again!! Do i need to add this text on also (to box D) the debt purchaser has yet to provide any or all of the required documentation, and then add the bit about my penalty charges onto the end?

Also do i send the CCA Requesticon to the same place as the reply form? as they seem to be dealing with it all now? (they letter says they are acting for Lowell Portfolio) - or do i need to send that direct to Lowell Portfolio?

Sorry for so many Q's promise this will be it ..... (maybe!!)

do as post 4 there tells you...
    cca goes to the claimant lowells not sols

yes just add the bit about charges at the end of the recommended dispute text.
    but its already there in a way isn't it

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Maudymumfuzz Novitiate

Hi all,
    Just a quick update.

I received a lettericon to say they are compiling their information in line with the pre action protocol.

I have also received a lettericon from a really old debt stating that they have now confirmed where we live (from Lowell - via Cabot), it's an old bank account debt which was bought by Cabot some years ago and we have heard nothing for years, I be sure how many years exactly but i can't recall making a payment for 7-8 years at least let alone communicating with them.

I guess now Lowell have linked the account they think they will go for money!!
    It doesn't show on hubby's credit record
    - is there anything we should do to find out how long it was since we last made payment?

I don't know if it makes any difference but the original Lowell account (Re the update) is now showing as a closed account on Clearscore.
    Does that mean anything significant? That was from June 2018...

Thank you all

start a new threadicon for the new debt please

let this one run

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Maudymumfuzz Novitiate

Ok will do thanks dx. will sort it tonight from home

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details