Lowell claimform - old BT debt***Claim Discontinued***

mikehunt69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just remember DCA's are not bailiffs

they have no such legal powers.

ideally you should never phone a dca nor discuss your debts on the phone or at your door.

there is no legal remit that compels you to do so.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The mediator just call me,

I explained that I don't recognise the validity of the original charges and then I don't see that there's a valid default or assignment for Lowell to claim under so while I am willing to settle it won't be for much. [slight fly in the ointment, I may be out of the country when proceedings take place - though I didn't mention that!]

Mediator said solicitors they haven't received documents from BT. They offered £230 to settle. I said £50.

total claim is £200 + costs + solicitor fees.

They offered £230 to settle. I said £50.

:-D

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They have come back with £220, I said 'I don't think they are taking the commercial realities of this very seriously, if they go ahead they have costs to go to court and they can't claim any more from the court. I will offer £60 in the same spirit but they should understand that it's free money and if they go forward with this is going to cost them with little prospect of return."

Their response was 'sorry £220 is our final offer'

Not really sure what planet they are on, how much will it actually cost them to go to court, process my document requests, etc., and even then they've only got a limited chance of success.

Perhaps it's a policy pour encourager les autres rather than a commercial assessment of the claim value....

Let them proceed then..they will have to pay a hearing fee which is a sliding figure based on the value of the claim..but if you look at various threads from the same claimants on the same type of debt you will notice they tend to lose interest once a defence is submitted and discontinue their claims.....£60 is way too much..try a £1 if they respond further.:wink:

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

£25 for the hearing, plus they need to send someone to my local court which must cost them well north of £100?

If they attend...most cases they dont turn up and the claim is dismissed.

• 1 month later...

Did you state in your DQ the dates that you would not be available Mike ?

You still have to comply with the directions stated in the Notice of Allocation...Witness statement and Disclosure of documents.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Well done Mike...delighted for you.

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome

Regards

Andy