Leeds Building Society Mortage Shortfall***Settled***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well you have it in writing above.......they wouldn't ...your liability ceases

Hi,

A little update on this,

Citizens Advice (after 2 days of investigating) and a conversation with The CML have all concluded I would no longer be liable for the debt provided I have this in writing.

This would be full and final settlement of my liability not the full debt, it it entirely up to the Society if it decides to release one party or not.

I approached my solicitor she believes the account would be closed anyway but if It wasn’t and it was taken to court the judge would be presented with my letter from Leeds Building Society and dismiss any claims!

It’s a complete nightmare!

Still very unsure!

:wink:As I already advised

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

please update your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

It’s been a while but not been a great time for me recently and still fighting a number of battles

however. I can confirm the following update.

LBS 3 months ago accepted £7,000 to release me from my liability on the mortage shortfall.

True to their word they sent me a letter and an email confirming I am no longer lliable.

“Thank you for your payment of £7,000.00, which was received by the Society on 7th March 2018 and has been credited to your account.

“ i am pleased to confirm that your liability to the Society has now been settled and the credit reference agencies have been updated with this information.

As previously advised In order to provide assurances to you that you will not be approached at a future date for any remaining balance, I confirm that we have undertaken an internal process which splits the account between both parties and the balance apportioned to you now reflects the settlement payment received and shows zero balance”

My credit files now shows this as settled.

It’s been a struggle with LBS but one think I can say is they have been fantastic throughout, very understanding and have always kept to their word

I thank you all again for the help and advice and hopefully I will have updates on some others soon, it’s the smaller ones that seem to be the nightmares.

good work.

one down...more to follow we hope..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for concluding this Riggers

Thread title amended.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread