Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2012

Default Re: VCS/BW PCN Nov 2014 - St Andrews Retail Park -- found CCJ served to old address

no point whatsoever doing that, do you seriously think they are going to get a respnse from them before the matter actually goes to court? atr the moment you owe them hundred of quid and they arent going to oblige you retaining it

Basic Account Holder Pagemaster Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2017

Default Re: VCS/BW PCN Nov 2014 - St Andrews Retail Park -- found CCJ served to old address

Thanks EB, we took your advice and sent two recorded delivery letters,
    one to VCS and one to BW Legal today
    asking them to provide a copy of the contract which allows VCS to act for the landlord and take people to court,
    and advising them that we have applied for a set aside.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

OK, on the parking pranksters blog there is a report on a set-asideicon and hearing all in the same session.
    This is because CEL are well kmown for getting CCJ's at old addresses and the filing garbage POCicon's.
    They then fail to attend court when anyone defends as they know they dont have a claim in the first place.

Now you have asked for proof of locus you may well get the opportunity to get your lots claim thrown out by their failure to show they have any rights.
    Again, they may well just go quiet once the hearing for the set aside becomes an open court matter rather than spend money defending the indefensible.
    They havent got your cash yet so it will be limiting their exposure to costs they are more interested in and turning up just adds to that.

Thanks for your help again EB, it is very much appreciated.

When I first came to this forum I was discouraged by the information I found,
    mostly because it seemed to be almost an impossible task to sift through all the information here,
    get information from DVLA,
    then work out how to start a set aside and then how to find a defence to justify the set aside.
    On top of that the cost of 255 would put a lot of people off.

I realise that people like yourself are volunteers, and also that you must get asked the same questions many times, which must be annoying.
    You are answering questions on numerous topics too so the amount of time you are on here must be huge.

From my point of view, the average man in the street so to speak, knowing little about these procedures, this forum has been very helpful but it took me quite a while to realise that it was possible to overturn this CCJ.

We're waiting to see what happens next now that we have applied for a set aside.
    We couldn't have got this far without the help of the people on the forum. I thank you all

Royalties Account Holder ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post

right,
    to get the bailiffs involved the debt has to be more than 700 and then get an order from the high court so you wont be seeing anyone with any authority.
    Just to make it clear the above statement is incorrect. In this instance & because of the sum involved the only Bailiff who could be involved is the local county courticon Bailiff but you would get a letter from them first. To employ a HCEO then the debt must be for more than 600 and not subject to the consumer crediticon Act. The mention of Bailiffs was merely a frightener as the Creditor would have to pay the 100 fee to engage them which is added to the debt. As there is no guarantee they will receive any payment at all then this should just be perceived as a threat only.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Follows
    Following

Thank you for this information ploddertom.

It seems that BW Legal and similar companies can send letters threatening bailiffs and get away with it?
    Perhaps in our counterclaim we should ask for compensation for stress and harassment dues to the tone of their letter?

On a side note,
    I noticed that VCS have 73 one star reviews on their Google My Business page and that BW Legal have 42 one star reviews, and only 2 five star reviews between them and they don't look very real to me. I think this is a record - it's certainly the worst I have ever seen!

so far you arent counterclaiming and even if you were you wont get anything for stress etc and claiming this would cost you more than you will be gaining so put it out of your mind.

Deal with the facts,
    you are asking for a set aside of a CCJ that hasnt been referred to the bailiffs yet
    and you then expect to defeat the original claim when you defend it.

If a set aside is granted and you still lose the claim then no CCJ is issued unless you fail to pay up in the alloted time so you are on to a winner in that respect, even if you have to pay for it.

However, we expect you to beat their claim and thus get your costs awarded.
    It would be wsie to work out what they are going to be before the rematch

so 255 fees and travel are normal,
    after that you need to show that VCS have behaved unreasonably or the claim is vexed
    and you will then get loss of earnings and possbily your research and preparation costs of 19ph for 5 hours as a standard tariff.

Today it was reported that a barrister stuck parking eyeicon for 1500 for his preparation time when they went after him for overstaying in a motorway service area.
    They didnt bother to turn up to press their claim once they found out who he was,
    if they had they may have well got into an argument that would put every parking co out of business.

It would be worth noting the case as the defence was the charge was against the Consumer Rights Acticon.
    We have touched on this before but as yet it hasnt been tested
    and with PE running away we still dont know whether they are unfair contracts.

Thanks again EB, all points noted.

UPDATE

As mentioned we sent the set aside to Hull county courticon and also asked VCS to show us the contract that authorises them to take people to court on behalf of the landlord - no response from them so far.

Unfortunately, getting the set aside information to the right people has proven to be very difficult.

Hull County Court rang us to say that this matter had to be dealt with by Salford, and posted it to them.

After some digging around I found that it must have gone to the Business Center in Northampton,
    I rang them to see if they had received it.

I was told that it wasn't on their system yet so they couldn't tell me if they had it and therefore I couldn't pay the 255 over the phone.
    They said it would take up to 14 working days before it would appear on their system and advised me to call back in a fortnight.

About 10 days later we got the application back as we hadn't paid the 255.
    Their letter said we should send it back and then either send a cheque or call them to pay over the phone on their Helpdesk.
    If we had any queries we were to email them (No email provided) or call the Helpdesk.

Thinking this would take much longer if we sent a cheque we opted to post the application back and ring them to pay the fee of 255.
    Unfortunately it has proved impossible to get any replies when we ring them as they disconnect after a minute of trying to get through.
    We tried for hours at different times of the day on several days and still couldn't get through even once!

We're now waiting for them to send the forms back so that we can resubmit them and enclose a cheque - what a nightmare!

Is this a common thing or are we just unlucky?

unlucky in as much as you haven't had things made easy for you by way of the courts service explaining what they want.

You can hand deliver anything to your local court and it will be forwarded so presume you didn't enclose a cheque to start off with.

As it was a default judgement then that would be Northampton/Salford that made the order ultimately the matter will be sent back there and then reallocated to your local court if there is a hearing .

If it is done on the papers it will be dealt with by salford again.

Thank you for your reply eb, we'll be sending a cheque when we get the forms back.

This website is not displaying properly for me so I hope you can read this.

UPDATE - We received a lettericon from county courticon Busienss Centre dated 20 September informing us that " To all parties - This claim has been transferred to the County Court at Kingston Upon Hull for that court to deal with the defendants application to set Judgement aside. That court will send you and the other parties notice of the time, date and place of hearing."

They cashed our cheque at about the same time. Today we received a lettericon from CCBC saying they had lost our set aside documents and could we resubmit them? I rang Hull County Court and they said the documents weren't there.

Good grief, what do we have to do to get this through?

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Hello there, I can read your post.

I'm sure there's a simple explanation, please bear with us until the experts can get to your thread.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

resend documents to the local coourt (hull) asap
    What happens is the originals get scanned and then forwerded to the correct court. Plainly they ahve been putin the wrong pile and probably been shredded.

resend documents to the local coourt (hull) asap
    What happens is the originals get scanned and then forwerded to the correct court. Plainly they ahve been putin the wrong pile and probably been shredded.
    Ok thanks, EB. We'll be sorting this out today or tomorrow. Hull said they have no record of it but we can email Northampton and take the documents in to Hull.

just take them to Hull, Northampton have no interest in them any more

Ok, we'll do that. Thanks again.

Smile Re: VCS/BW PCN Nov 2014 - St Andrews Retail Park -- found CCJ served to old address

I delivered the documents by hand to Hull county courticon this morning. They didn't lose them last time so fingers crossed they won't lose them this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details