Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: VCS/BW PCN Nov 2014 - St Andrews Retail Park -- found CCJ served to old address

urh?
    why do you need to do that?

you indicated earlier that BW have discontinued..
    discontinued what
    the original claim?
    or
    any objection to the set aside

post up how and what BW sent and by which method
    informing you of the disc'd

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

Default Re: VCS/BW PCN Nov 2014 - St Andrews Retail Park -- found CCJ served to old address

have you actually asked the court whether they have got the notice of discontinuance?

If they have then it is all over. If they havent then you prepare your paperwork in case they do submit by the 8th of jan.

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Pagemaster Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2017

I have searched this forum for "2 line defence", "two line defence" and a few other variations. There are a lot of mentions of the 2 line defence but I only found one possible answer to the mytsery of the 2 line defence as follows:-

"no contract was offered by VCS by way of signage where you parked
    so there cannot be a breach to cause a claim to be made"

Could somebody confirm for future users of this forum that this is in fact the 2 line defence that people are talking about on this fourm?

Thanks in advance.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

is the court open today go ring them and ask

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Pagemaster Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    is the court open today go ring them and ask
    I rang the council about the VCS signs and whether they have permission to put the signs up. Although the planning dept is closed over Christmas nobody could confirm whether they would need planning permission for signs on private land. I'll have to ring back next week.I think it will be worth a phone callicon for future reference in any case.

I also managed to get through to the Hull county courticon who confirmed that the date had been vacated and the case has been discontinued. They are confirming this in writing today so we should get the letter sometime next week.

We were advised on this forum to proceed with our defence and WS until such time as the court confirmed the discontinuance.

Our remaining option is to threaten them with court as advised earlier by lookinforinfo, so I would appreciate any further comments on this option.

case over you won
    nothing more for you to do.

dx

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Planning, and advertising consent is pretty complex. So your average bod at the council wouldn't have a scooby. You'll probably have to try quite hard to find someone in the planning department that fully understands it to be honest

At least now the court has confirmed that VCS have discontinued, so at least you've not get that to think about.

What I will say is, don't threaten to start proceedings against VCS unless you're fully prepared to follow through on your threat. Lots of people (parking companies included) threaten court and then don't follow it through.

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

claim against you is discontinued so you have nothing else to do or worry about.

dont start another fight because you really dont understand things well enough,
    be glad for what you have achieved.

No need to write a defence, witness statements or anything else, they are now redundant.

Basic Account Holder
    Pagemaster Novitiate

Thank you all for your replies.

I can see that if we were to take this further we would need to use a solicitor and therefore we are looking in to this idea.

I doubt there is a 'no win no fee' option but it's worth investigating either way.

Can someone tell me what the 2 line defence is please?

I still haven't found it on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

not worth it
    you'd never get the fees back and a very slim chance of a win.

all for 255?

the defence is already pointed too here several times
    the first being post 37

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

what are you wittering on about?
    you dont need a defence,
    the court has told you it is all over
    so you dont need to do anything.

No solicitor will help you to sue them at a cost that will make it worthwhile,
    you will get between 250-1000 and I estimate costs of 2000+ which cannot be recovered.

If you want to go through the whole Durking v DSG bit
    then put aside 100000 for lawyers fees and you may well get 2000 back for the mortgageicon problems as well as the breach of DPA money.

Just make sure that the CRAicon's update your files and get on with your life.
    If your mortgageicon is at a higher rate because of all of this then renegotiate that directly with them.

Knowing when to stop is just as important as knowing your ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagemaster View Post
    Thank you all for your replies.

I can see that if we were to take this further we would need to use a solicitor and therefore we are looking in to this idea.

I doubt there is a 'no win no fee' option but it's worth investigating either way.

Can someone tell me what the 2 line defence is please?

I still haven't found it on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Case discontinued, not worth taking any other action Case Closed, don't poke the bear.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details