Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Interest Overdraft Charges

Hi All. Looking for a bit of help here. I am just going through all my bank statements now to try and reclaim my charges from BOS. As I had an authorised student overdraft I was being charged 12 every month for this privilege (!!). I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to claim any of these charges back or whether it's only charges for returned DDicon/cheques, etc (charges of 28/30/35). Can anyone give me some advice on this please as I'm slightly confused. Thanx

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Interest Overdraft Charges

If its a student account then the overdraft is free. You shouldn't be charged for it. What does it say on your statement next to the charge?

~ I'm a lover, not a fighter... well, most of the time ~
    Follows
    Following

Hi Lucyec. Thanx for replying. It says "Interest Charge" 12. This seems to appear every month while I had my student account with them. This was an agreed overdraft so not sure what to do????

Can't say I've ever come accross this before. I was claiming from my student account with RBSicon, which is now a graduate account. I've not had any of these charges on my statements (although I've had every other charge under the sun!!) If it were me, I'd give the bank a quick call and find out what they're actually for. Can't do any harm. You don't have to tell them its to work out what you can recalim!

All the best. I'll be interested to know what they say

~ I'm a lover, not a fighter... well, most of the time ~
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up Re: Interest Overdraft Charges

Thanx Lucyec. Will keep you posted

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details