Windows Password Recovery.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I've dug out an old laptop that I want to give to a friend, but I can't remember my password. Burnt Windows Password Recovery to a USB Drive. When I put it in the old laptop, and got it to boot from USB drive, I just get a blank screen with a Smiley Face in the top left hand corner, by the cursor. Any keys I press just adds another Smiley Face. I can't find the same problem happening to anyone else on Google, so I'm quite confused. It is a Samsung R519 running on Windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

SOD'EM

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Probably just as easy to format it Sodem...at least all your personal data will be removed also ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It never came with a disk Andy, Windows 7 was pre-installed. I have System Image Disks which I have used previously, but the laptop can't read them for some reason. There are no System Restore points either. It says to press F4 on start up for 'Recovery', but that seems fruitless as well :(

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Reboot in safe mode [f8]

Administrator

Leave password blank

Or use the Hirons boot disc

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

You have a number of options.

1) Use Offline NT Password Reset - https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ and there are many videos on YouTube that show you how to use the tool.

2) Use Hirens BootCD and some of the various tools on there to reset the password for the user account.

3) Completely reinstall Windows. You can download a fresh copy of Windows 7 and then use Rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/ to load the image to a USB Key and boot from this. Then visit the Samsung Website and download all the drivers and install these once finished.

If you did a complete reinstall, it would be as if the Laptop was fresh from the factory and would have removed personal data. If you want to make sure this cannot be recovered I would recommand running DBAN https://dban.org/ on the hard drive and doing a minimum 3 Pass Wipe but ideally 7. This will take many hours to complete so could be left to be done overnight.

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

• 5 months later...