Domestic and general cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive taken on this for my mother.

Long and short of the query is she took out cover for a dishwasher to be fixed with D and G.

- D and G agreed to take over the appliance which is over 12 years old if they could fix.

- came out twice last year, first visit asked for some plumbing to be done, second visit a fix was done but to unsatisfactory standards.

- the appliance still leaks and the door was fitted back on incorrectly.

- i stopped the direct debit due to the poor work and asked for it to be written off due to poor service

- since then we are getting alot of chasing letters asking to reset up ddi as the plan needs to be honoured as a repair was done. failure to do so, the debt will be passed onto their 3rd party engineers.

do i have a leg to stand to in regards to this or is it wise to pay the balance. i feel we have been cheated with the service.

ive taken on this for my mother.

Long and short of the query is she took out cover for a dishwasher to be fixed with D and G.

- D and G agreed to take over the appliance which is over 12 years old if they could fix.

- came out twice last year, first visit asked for some plumbing to be done, second visit a fix was done but to unsatisfactory standards.

- the appliance still leaks and the door was fitted back on incorrectly.

- i stopped the direct debit due to the poor work and asked for it to be written off due to poor service

- since then we are getting alot of chasing letters asking to reset up ddi as the plan needs to be honoured as a repair was done. failure to do so, the debt will be passed onto their 3rd party engineers.

do i have a leg to stand to in regards to this or is it wise to pay the balance. i feel we have been cheated with the service.

Surprised D&G offered any cover on a 12 year appliance.

Presume the cover was purely to cover basic repairs. The repairs failed and the DD payments were stopped because you believed the repairs were not up to the standard expected.

D&G must be in a loss making position already, as i doubt premiums paid cover cost of engineer coming out and any parts fitted. You normally always have to pay a full years premium, if you have claimed on an insurance policy. If there was a problem with an engineers work, a formal written complaint should have been made.

I think you must send a very clear letter explaining in detail about the engineers work being substandard and that they were not meeting the standards described in their policy documents. The DD was cancelled as you had lost faith in their services. Send the letter to D&G head office marked for attention of their Managing Director.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks Uncle - will send the letter today.

Yes, correct - the cover was a 12 month direct debit instalment plan based on them having been out to attempt and fix the issue. i was surprised they would cover such an old appliance. since the work we had the appliance removed.

after 4 payments i advised my mother to cancel the direct debit due to the poor standard of work carried out by their 3rd party engineer.

they are now of course chasing the remainder of the contract now.

thanks Uncle - will send the letter today.

Yes, correct - the cover was a 12 month direct debit instalment plan based on them having been out to attempt and fix the issue. i was surprised they would cover such an old appliance. since the work we had the appliance removed.

after 4 payments i advised my mother to cancel the direct debit due to the poor standard of work carried out by their 3rd party engineer.

they are now of course chasing the remainder of the contract now.

For future dealings, you should note that most Insurances are an annual contract, but they let you pay monthly because it is more conveient to customers. If you claim on the policy, you pay the full years premium.

If you ever have a problem with a companies service, you must immediately complain in writing, getting proof of postage and maintaining records, just in case needed as evidence. These companies mostly never taken such debts to court, but if they did and you did not keep proper records of service complaints, you are likely to lose.

See how you get on with a written complaint and report back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread