Fredrickson Int - Automated answer phone message... confused???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have returned! Having not posted since 2014, no issues, no debt afaik everything gets paid, tax paid on time, bills utilities etc that kind of thing.

But we awoke this morning to find a message on our answerphone from Fredrickson International instructing somebody who they believe lives here, with a VERY dodgy sounding name to contact them with a reference number...

They had called, hung up and then called again to leave this automated message.

I am totally and utterly confused as to what this is?

We have no debt... nothing!

Back in 2011 I had a letter from an agency claiming I had a debt with a catalogue at an old address, dating back to 1997 but they never sent me proof of what it was this claim was about?

I had no catalogues back then, I lived on my own and never touched the flipping things.

This went quiet after I asked for advice here.

I worked out whatever it was, it was statute barred anyway.

I will assume that whatever this is, it has to be either historic assumed debt but how the hell did they get our landline number?

Is this possibly another sold off debt thing and they are trying their luck?

What bothers me is the name of the person they are asking for! it ends with "Woodcock" but its very hard to make out? I can say now our family name is not that lol!

Can I safely assume this is fleecing/phising? or will one of us be expecting a dodgy letter sometime soon?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Edited by Altairst8te74

Just ignore it. Theyre the absolute botton of the barrel in regards to bottom feeders. If a legit debt exists, theyd send something in writing, not by phone where they dont even know if the number is valid. Pure phishing and theyve already been reprimanded for it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Had another one yesterday, this time around 8pm.

Automated robomanvoice again.

I have ordered a TrueCall device to screen stuff.

I am assuming this is an old debt attributed to me that was sold on again.

Nobody else in our family has any form of debt, old or new!

The cheek is, if its the same one again it is way past its statute barred thing and I cannot be 100% sure but it could even have been reset somehow?

2011 would make it way past 6years again as well.

I never acknowledged any debt back in 2011 and never entered into any payment plan.

If its not that then I have no clue whatsoever :|

Bottom feeders, unbelievable! It must work or they would not even bother. If a letter does turn up, the norm is to send a written letter and postal order asking for proof is it not?

Thanks guys :)

Just log the calls and compile a list ready to threaten them with ICO etc if they get silly. I have had phone calls on my landline for last 18 years for debts which must be long SB for someone who never lived at my address, probably some drone in an office mistyped a digit on the phone number a long time ago. always threaten them with I know where you are but you don't know my address as the alleged debtor never lived here.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Once a debt is SB it remains so, and nothing can ever unbar it.

In the same breath, even if a debt is SB it does NOT stop them from demanding payment, unless you make them aware that the debt is SB.

Keep a diary of the calls, and check your credit file see if there's anything on there?

Above all else, ignore them, just like the children they are, they'll soon get bored and go pick on someone else.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Logging the calls with a TrueCall device once it arrives. Just before christmas we were hit with a massive increase of calls, lots of weird stuff, silent and a few of those "Your pc has a virus" [problem]mers.

I shall be on the ball. I also looked at the original threads I started back in 2011 and we used to have a broadband phone alongside the landline, that was constantly hit over and over and over with dodgy calls. Got rid of that one a few years back. It would not surprise me at all that this alleged debt was sold on again and the merry go around starts all over.

As ever this forum is a brilliant place so thanks :)