• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

YES Loans, success !!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and gals,

Not sure if it's in the right area but I have quite a nice little story that should pass your time today....here goes.

My sister in law and brother in law are having a baby, they have struggled with cash ever since he left the forces, being in insolvency they naturally turned to me to look for guidance, my advice, stick it out for a while, ill help you should you need it, your going to get pay rises soon plus your child tax credits etc, so it should be ok.

However, they decided to get a consolidation loan and approached YES loans as credit history was scorned.

Anyway, they rang them and decided they could do it, so they sent off their £49.50 admin fee, they received a letter and some poxy pre filled form, filled in incorrectly, so they sorted it.

They were told someone would call them and let them know how their application was going.......noone called, so they called them, sorry sir your application has been declined:evil: , yeah right, robbing gits......

So i suggest they get their credit file and check for a footprint, so they did, what a suprise not a single footprint in six months !!!

"I tell you what, ill get that money back for you, no problem" so I wrote,

#####

#####

#####

#####

#####

Yes Loans Limited

Tintern House

William Brown Close

Llantarnam Park

Cwmbran

NP44 3AB

Our ref: GI/Yes/1

Your Ref: ######

19 October 2006

Application Reference #######

Dear Sirs

I write with reference to the above application and your letter of 16 August 2006.

I paid you £49.50 as an administration fee and would welcome your comments on what this fee is used for detailing personnel charge out rates and time charged when working on my file.

Furthermore your letter indicates that I would be contacted by a member of yes loans within the timeframe indicated to confirm the status of my application, this was not done and I had to ring yes loans who ultimately informed me I had been declined a loan.

Upon receipt of my credit file it would appear that no footprints have been left in any time period yes loans were involved with my personal affairs indicating no credit checks have been carried out by yes loans, a client or subsidiary.

I therefore question the legitimacy of the application and request all information relating to this matter and the administration fee of £49.50 being remitted within 7 days.

Failure to do so will result in a formal complaint being made against yourself with your licensing body and a demand for a thorough investigation being made.

Yours faithfully

The Brother in law

Apparently they tried to call him, but he said it was not a good time..

Anyway, two days ago I get a phone call, guess what I got in the post, a cheque for £49.50 with a complete bullpoo letter stating they were very sorry I wished to cancel the application:-? Er, no, you effectively stole £50, and I had you lot bang to right, you had done sweet nothing for my families £50, which now is going to provide some nappies or something special at Christmea as they thought they had lost it.

So if anyone else has had the same experience try it, you might like.

Oh, she went into labour this morning at 4.00am so, hopefully I will be an uncle very shortly..he he he:p

• Haha 1

Barclays - £276.60

6/11/06 prelim letter sent:eek:

22/11/06 LBA Sent:-)

N1 to be filed 30 Jan 2007 :cool:

Barclaycard - Awaiting response from prelim + complaint for blatant ignorance. Unsure of Charges. :mad:

• 3 months later...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!!

I know somebody who can do with this as they had exactly the same happen with this company!! Very helpful indeed :D

Congratulations on the letter being successful and the new addition to your family!!!!!

• 1 year later...

happened to me recently wrote a strong worded letter but have had no reply tried to phone put on hold for 30 minutes then transfered put on hold again and gave up. So still waiting but the funny thing is they phoned to arrange another loan and tried to take another £59 with a different reference no and posted out the new filled in application

• 4 weeks later...
happened to me recently wrote a strong worded letter but have had no reply tried to phone put on hold for 30 minutes then transfered put on hold again and gave up. So still waiting but the funny thing is they phoned to arrange another loan and tried to take another £59 with a different reference no and posted out the new filled in application

Supervisor please go to Martins site and search for Yes Loans Ltd - Don't even go there... find YORKSHIRE LAD and mail him he has all the PROPER contact info you need to get your money back.This is the mail I sent them please feel free to use it.

PLEASE ensure the fee for reference no 1234567 is returned to me ****** by the 29th August 2008 if you do not comply I will commence legal action against YES Loans in the County Court using the Small claims track.

Please note a wait of more than 7 days for receipt of my refund is not acceptable.You took payment immediately you can return it within the same time frame.

A letter to this effect will be posted by recorded delivery on the 29th August.

Also please note my phone number is on the TPS list and legal action under the Data Protection Act will also be taken against individual operators of YES Loans and subsidiary/partner companies who ignore this.

Regards********.

My £59.50 was back in my account on the 30th August and so far no more phone calls from them or their other companies

DONT waste time phoning them. all you will be doing is adding to your phone bill and giving their operators a laugh at your expense.

Edited by damun
add more

• 2 years later...

Hi I would like to add to your post and with some very intresting facts about this rogue trader.

My farther is a solicitor and has had many encounters with this maskerading and missleading company. In many cases they have interpreted uk guide lines and policy so it fits they agenda and T&Cs. In many terms and conditions it says "You Imdenafi us from legal action and litergation by sighning this contract. This is a falisy all companys in the united kingdom are subject to the law of the state and must adhear to the law and sovrency of the state and abide with in the law and not interpret the law for self commerce. This means if the T&Cs dont follow the law then they mean squat and can not be held and enforced as any company trading in the uk is subject and not able to imdenafi its self by its own doing. Only the goverment can do this so what gives the them the right to say this.

Yes loans target the poor and dissabled because they are the easeyer and more despret or can not understand what is going to be done to them and this is a fact as many people fall into the honey trap and this is missleading and dam right wrong saying we will give you a loan if you have ccjs poor credit or no credit history and they say we need your card details so we can pay the loan instantly and forget very conviently to mention we are a broker and will charge for it. So they are not a loan company and it is writen in its title YES LOANS but we are a broker when we feel like telling you and it self everdent people are looking for a loan as the have no disposable money or have no money so why on earth would want to pay them £59.99.

Yes loans also are breaking 7 consumer credit Act laws 3 distance selling and marketing Act as well as Sales of goods Act I have legal backing of that and not to mention theft. The FSA have issued a warning to them and the OFT and still they are countless people sueing them so what is going on here and why wont the goverment pounse on them for breaking the law and robbing off the poor and dissabled its mocking our law and goverment.

This is because they do give money back if you question they ways or know the law and fold.

This one case a dissabled mother had gone through. Her son has locked in sindrome he can not talk or walk or eat he needed a wheel that is customised she had gone to Yes loans she exsplaind she has very little help for her son and income but can offord a montly loan of ex amount and that her hospital that deals with her son is 244 miles away as it specializes in his dissability. They took the £59.99 out of her account with out prior notice and refused to reinburse her and then told her she can not have a loan. The money was for her son she was saving so he could get to the hospital to recive treatment with her in a Dissabled taxi she used and this resulted in his treatment been with drawn as the hospital appointments can not be wasted because other people are despretly needing treatment and can offord to waste appointments and Yes loans are to thanks for her sons health that has detaiated and now can not breath and is on a ventalator breathing for him.

This is the type of people Yes loans are !

Hi,

I wanted to post this as literally this morning I've had a similar experience with Yes Loans myself. After stupidly paying the £69.50 fee I was passed to an advisor to discuss the 'final details' of my application. Didn't happen obviously!. I cancelled my application and then to my horror disovered the full extent of the problems I might expect getting my money back. Anyway, I've had a look around and it seems people who don't give up and who know where to go (i.e trading standards) have had success! I have said to them via letter (phone calls are apparently a waste of time) that under Section 155 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, their own Terms and Conditions, and the Financial Services Act 2004 I expect a refund within 30 days - if I do not get it I will be going to the OFT and the police. Which I will. I have sent my letter recorded delivery too. I hope this information and the posts above are helpful to people - I will definitely not be giving up!!!!!!!

Hello Ppl,

I wanted to point out some issues that should sound the alarm bells when shopping for a loan.

Any loan company that ask's for debit/credit card details over the phone should set the alarm bells off. A respectful loan company would not charge a fee because they are NOT brokers and loan money directly and would deduct any fee that reflects the work done on top of the intrest or loan.

Yes loans appear to be a direct lender and they are using a title that decives the consumer as they falsley portray them selfs to be a lender and blatently miss out that they are in fact a loan broker and use unprofecional tacticks and unlawfully steel a large sum of money from the victim and claim this is our fee. They refuse to offer proof that the fee is reflected in the work or cost carried out on the behalf of the victim and seem to disregard the Law and in favor of they own and fail to adhear to UK poily and law when pointing to the Terms and conditions and dont seem to relise in refusing or unable to find a person a loan they have failed in contractual requirement and the purpose of the fee is a loan so put in simpler terms if a builder does not compete a job or fails because the work is unsafe then he does not get paid or you would sue him and the same is for this company so they must pay back the illegaly removed fee with in 2 weeks and pay for any damages or charges incurred.

And the list goes on for illegal activity for these so they are now on thin ice.

Hi,

I wanted to post this as literally this morning I've had a similar experience with Yes Loans myself. After stupidly paying the £69.50 fee I was passed to an advisor to discuss the 'final details' of my application. Didn't happen obviously!. I cancelled my application and then to my horror disovered the full extent of the problems I might expect getting my money back. Anyway, I've had a look around and it seems people who don't give up and who know where to go (i.e trading standards) have had success! I have said to them via letter (phone calls are apparently a waste of time) that under Section 155 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, their own Terms and Conditions, and the Financial Services Act 2004 I expect a refund within 30 days - if I do not get it I will be going to the OFT and the police. Which I will. I have sent my letter recorded delivery too. I hope this information and the posts above are helpful to people - I will definitely not be giving up!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi I need some serious advice on yes loans, I was initially ok about paying my brikers fee untill I was given some really bad medical news and needed an,operation. Due to this I had to give up my job and live on 120 fortnightly benefits, I rang yes loans to tell them this and to get the 70 brokers fee postponed untill my benefits where sorted which they did for 10 days 28/10/11 it was now due out, what I didnt realise at the time was that yes loans should have cancelled my application there and then given that I dont fit their criteria anymore by being unemployed I was just too stressed at the time to realise this. my benefits went in and I realised I did not have enough to cover the brokers fee, I started trying to phone the cusomer services number from phone box as I have no landline and their 084 num is barred from my mobile, I spent a fortune and couldnt get through to cancel the payment or to arrange to pay it in installments. So when the 28/10/11(friday) came they would have tried to take the 70 out my empty account, I dont know what will happen now if i'll have a bank charge or when they'll try abd take it again, my next fortnightly benefit is due in on the tuesday coming2/11/11 and I dont know if they'll take it from this, I only get 120 for the fortnight and if they take their 70 i'll only have 50 left for the fortnight for myself and my 3 yr old daughter. Does anyone know a number for yes loans thats not 084. Has anyone got an email address for yes loans, any help will b appreciated. X