Listing removed from eBay, reported by Sky Media for selling a Now TV Cinema pass VeRO abuse?

chaoticj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've had a listing removed from eBay - apparently it was reported by Sky Media. There is no real reason as to why the item has been removed just that 'please not (sic) that this item is not allowed on our site.' and 'for more information read the help pages or contact Sky directly.'

The item in question was a Now TV Sky Cinema pass - I bought another couple of Now TV boxes before Christmas and didn't need the passes. As far as I'm aware the listing was compliant with eBay rules - item to be posted via Royal Mail, so not a 'digitally delivered item' or 'non-physical goods'. I believe Now TV is a subsidiary company of Sky - but they don't own it directly?

The link to contact Sky and for more information is: https://business.sky.com/fighting-fraud/ when you look at this it only mentions Sky Sports, about illegal use of Sky Sports programming and Unauthorised foreign broadcasts - nothing to do with what I was selling.

I believe when listings are removed like this it is because the company concerned are a member of eBay VeRO - 'Verified Rights Owner' programme or something. I've read in the past that companies basically abuse this, eBay remove all listings that they report which could be for a multitude of reasons. On the list of VeRO members (UK is toward the bottom of the page) I can't see Sky listed http://vero.ebay.com/

I hate such bullying by large companies - I've spent a while on live chat to eBay but they are adamant that I need to contact Sky and that 'if Sky allow me to sell the item, I can pass the communication onto them'. They won't give me a copy of the report, a specific number to call for eBay listing removals - nothing.

It feels very much like a big bully boy company (Sky) dictating an item can't be sold to another large multinational (eBay) who simply bow to them - no mistakes, no appeals etc.

What can I do? Has anyone had this issue before? Please help..

Thanks in advance..

Hi chaoticj

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum were you should get a better response.

Briefly looking at your problem I would of thought that this item was bought under the terms of none transferable and not to be sold to a third party in its terms and conditions...but lets see what response/advice you get from other posters.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi chaoticj

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum were you should get a better response.

Briefly looking at your problem I would of thought that this item was bought under the terms of none transferable and not to be sold to a third party in its terms and conditions...but lets see what response/advice you get from other posters.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andyorch,

Thanks for your helpful response. I have checked the cardboard sleeve from the Now TV Box packaging, it doesn't mention about the voucher being non transferable, it just says:

"Voucher inside to redeem your Sky Cinema Month Pass. Simply enter the voucher code at sign up. Voucher expires one year after date of purchase. After pre-paid period, Sky Cinema Month Pass automatically renews at its then standard price (currently £9.99 pm) until cancelled. Ongoing monthly cost, content and channels are subject to change. Sky content available depends on pack purchased... etc etc etc See nowtv.com for full terms. Information correct at 14/06/16."

When you look at the terms on their website, there is also no mention of vouchers/passes being non transferable: http://www.nowtv.com/terms the only mention I can find when I google it is when they have had special offers e.g. getting a free or heavily discounted pass via an offer, the terms usually state that it is non transferable.

With the actual passes bundled with a Now TV box, I can't find such terms stipulated anywhere?

Thanks in advance,

chaotic_j

I should imagine the pass is only part of the contract throught the Now TV box purchase. The pass is not a separate tradeable item. It would be an oversight by Now or Sky, if they have not added any condition to the contract terms.

Ebay probably automatically delist any such attempts to resell such these passes and i am not sure you can do much.

If you wanted to sell the pass on, you would probably have to do it privately without advertising.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread