Small Claims Court Action against builder

abedegno
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if HCEOs would just go ahead and enforce in these circumstances. It is worth asking.

You are right that the director may have personal liability in these circumstances, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/45/section/217. You would have to bring a new claim against the director personally to enforce that though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HCEOs can't help, they can only enforce against the name on the writ.

I am a little bit hazy here, there's conflicting information from various forums/blogs on the internet but section 216:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/45/section/216

says:

"This section applies to a person where a company (“the liquidating company”) has gone into insolvent liquidation on or after the appointed day and he was a director or shadow director of the company at any time in the period of 12 months ending with the day before it went into liquidation."

But a company being struck off isn't the same as insolvent liquidation?

Also, if I read 217 correctly I think personal liability is for the new company and not the old?

Thanks

Abe

• 2 weeks later...

I took a punt and issued a new court claim against the builder personally and he again ignored it, I've been able to request another default judgement.

My next thoughts are to enforcement, which I hope won't be so difficult as I have a CCJ against a person and not a Ltd company:

- He has property, solely owned and in positive equity

- I'm considering cutting to the chase and requesting a charging order

- I know he banks with Santander - so attempt a TPDO, but against the bank

- Transfer to the HCEO again, although I was unimpressed by TSO when they were sent in previously, they may have greater leverage to obtain payment when they can seize personal assets.

My only worry is he doesn't have vehicles they can seize as they are on finance,

but there should be personals assets including a lot of Apple iGear.

- Or maybe a combination of the above?

Thanks

Abe

I would probably go for the TPDO or the bailiff route before the charging order route. A charging order is a nice option to have in your back pocket, but it could be decades before the house is sold and you probably wouldn't be paid until then!

• 1 month later...

Aaaaaaand, a result.

The HCEO sent an Notice of Enforcement, before Xmas and he called back this week to pay in full. Foolishly he was late, so had to pay the Stage 1 charges also. 14 days wait and I'll get my money back!

Sounding good but let us know when you're finally paid .................

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent Result !! Really pleased for the way this has ended for you :-)

If you can assist CAG with a Donation, it'll help us be here for others when they need us.

Thanks in anticipations :-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)