See what's going to happen with befefits from 2017

mikeymack2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the next few years there are going to be some dramatic changes in some benefits, caps will come in and more help to be made available. Full details available here:

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/ho...nges#early2017

All of this starts in January 2017...

'From early 2017

• New Tax-free Childcare scheme aims to provide up to 1.8 million families across the UK with up to £2,000 of childcare support per year, per child, via a new simple online system. Trial start early 2017, with roll out beginning upon completion of the trial. See autumn statement 2016 and HMRC press release - 1 July 2015

• Tuition loans will be extended to students wishing to do a second degree in STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) from 2017-18. See Spending Review 2015 page'

From April 2019

• 'There will be a cap on the amount of rent that Housing Benefit will cover in the social sector to the relevant Local Housing Allowance, which is the rate paid to private renters on Housing Benefit. This includes a Shared Accommodation Rate for single claimants under 35 who do not have dependent children.

The cap will be applied to all supported housing tenancies from April 2019, though Local Authorities will receive funding to meet the additional costs of supported housing in their area.

For general needs housing, the cap will apply from April 2019 for all tenants on Universal Credit, and to Housing Benefit tenants whose tenancies began or were renewed since April 2016.

See
autumn statement 2016
, DWP Secretary of State
Damian Green's written statement
and earlier
Spending Review 2015 page
'

There is far too much to state so please look carefully at the main page and follow any links that may affect you from January 2017.....

Maybe admin could consider making this a sticky so it does not get lost on this part of the forum. This new information could affect 1,000's of claimants one way or another!

Especially those that get capped and are on Housing benefit too..

Please read very carefully as to what is listed and if you have any questions please start a new thread so your answers can be given for your situation, as all claimants have different needs and will get different responses.

Happy Christmas to one and all ....

Edited by antone
Added link as requested

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

It looks like I missed out the link for the above so see the full page here >> http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/how-we-can-help/benefits-information/timetable-forthcoming-welfare-benefits-changes#early2017 Sorry for my stupid error folks

Can admin please add this link to the above post Thx MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I've made this a sticky and, to keep things neat, have closed it. Feel free to start a new thread if you need help or advice on any of the topics raised.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks