Virgin Media renege on verbal agreement !!!

Goucho
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys cutting this very short for you. I was out of contract and decided to go to Sky unless i could negotiate a deal with VM. So i rang them up and everything they offered as an existing customer was way higher than Sky so i said i would think about it.

I was ready to go with Sky so rang VM to disconnect. Talking with them i managed to wangle an excellent deal!! They matched the top bundle with an exchange vbox for 500gb tivo in other room for £89.73 see link below.I said that i should get a good deal similar to this as i was out of contract and they would lose me as a customer otherwise so I jumped at it and confirmed price and 12 month contract twice. ( i was stung years back. )

I got an email saying my bill was £153 + so today i ring to complain and get told that £153 was the price end of! Then after much explaining and to and fro they mysteriously found what i had told them but the 2nd tivo cost extra plus it was a 9 month contract?!?!?! I complained and they sent it to a manager who said take it or leave it. I then said i want the recording of the initial deal and they said it would take 40 days and it would be hit or miss if they even recorded it. They also said i had 4 days cool down period left which they refused to extend until i got the recording PLUS they kept insisting that i was told it was extra etc etc and that i agreed to a 9 month contract not a 12. So i said OK take the lot out!!! As you will see by the link that the VIP pack which i was given says 12 months contract.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/vip.html

OK, then i was put through to disconnect and i told my story and hey presto i could have the bundle including the extra tivo box but only for 9 months then it would go up BUT if i ring shortly before the 9 month period i will then be offered a new or extended contract virtually the same as i have at near the same price ...... i was told that they do it all the time? I managed tom record this conversation lol.

The deal i got was excellent but i am adamant that i only agreed for 12 months and got verbal confirmation twice! No way would i agree to something that would end up twice as expensive for 3 months!! Is there anything i can do to get them to stick to their deal? Yes i know i can renew etc and even with a recording what happens if they have made a note and then shaft me at 9 months and not allow me to renegotiate the same package for the same price??

Can i get them to enforce the initial verbal agreement (sadly never thought to record that)? I have lost out too because i was getting a free 43" 4K tv with sky but is out of offer now :

(a1.jpg

My advice is to run away from VM as fast and far as you can.

With all this confusion they will drain your bank account, believe me.

And you can reclaim it all and go after VM for recompense. Providing the OP is up for a fight.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Kick them into touch, NOW, whilst you can.

You will get nowhere arguing with them, they ignore their customers complaints, and will pass you from pillar to post in order to deliberately confuse you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Good luck proving something that was said in a telephone call not recorded.

Virgin record all calls, even if they try and say that they didnt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D