GoGroopie

bjt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a Sat-Nav from GoGroopie which was advertised at £129.99 reduced to £23.99 plus £4.99 postage.

In with my mail today, was a card from Royal Mail, informing me that they couldn't deliver my item, as there was

a Customs Charge payable, for the amount of £15.91.

I checked out the company that were using GoGroopie to sell their items, and found that they had offices in Wales, but,

their headquarters were based in Hong Kong. I couldn't find any telephone contact numbers for the firm. The merchants name

was J&Y Ltd. My next option was to contact GoGroopie, who did have a contact number, which, when dialled, just kept ringing and ringing!

Ive paid Royal Mail the money, and they will deliver on Monday. I know that even with the Customs charge, its still a good price, but, still feel that I've been had over.

I would like to add that i had also emailed GoGroopie, regarding the time scales for delivery, which had been passed. needless to say, i received no reply to my enquiry.

I was wondering if anybody else had encountered this sort of problem before, and whether they were successful in being refunded

the additional charges?

Hi and welcome to CAG

Many people are unaware that goods coming into the UK may have a customs duty to pay. When you get the parcel, it will state what the value of the contents and then you can use a duty calculator to work out if the charges are correct. Royal mail add an admin fee to this as well and I think it is around £8.

Having looked at the gogroopie site and Y&Y, I think you have been had. I have a very similar sat nav, bought from Amazon, delivered the next day and at a similar price.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the info Silverfox. I look forward to receiving my item on Monday, just to see if it is a bargain, which I doubt.

I'll update you Monday.

Thanks again, bjt.

Whoops, parcel arrived today. It wasn't the sat-nav I expected, but something that my daughter had asked me to get for her. It was this that had incurred the Customs Charges! Needless to say I will be re-Imbursed. Lol.

Having said that, GoGroopie still haven't contacted me, still won't answer the phone, and you can't leave a message as their messaging service is full, and cannot take any more messages!

Cowboys comes to mind! If, and when, it arrives, I'll let you know if it really was a bargain.

Cheers,

BJT.

• 9 months later...

Hi bjt,

Interested to know if your Sat-Nav ever arrived?

Seems I may have been duped into buying from these cowboys, item said delivery within 10 days but its been almost a month.

Did get a reply to my email (via their webpage contact us button) but asks to wait a further 7 days!

We live in hope........

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend