Sofology trying it on

kitten73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my mother in her mid 60s suffered a dislocated and broken shoulder in August of this year and had to have major surgery. she and my step father decided that to aid recovery they needed a new sofa.

When more mobile they visited the Warrington sofology store and tried out a sofa that was perfect for my mother's small frame and enabled her feet to touch the floor. They decided to order it as a recliner and in a red leather that they thought would be as soft as the one they sat in, in store.

The very next day after delivery, my mother phoned the store and said she wasn't happy with the sofas as they were not as soft to sit in as the in store sofa and they were bigger than the in store sofa as her feet didn't reach the floor.

She was advised that they recommend customers to try them out for four weeks before making a decision and was told to ring back after the time period. I advised my mother to ring back before the four weeks as she wasn't likely to grow in height in that time and to demand replacements or a refund.

She phoned the store today and was told the best they could do was to replace them at an extra cost of £800 and normally they would say, in so many words "tough you'll have to live with them" Ironic that the slogan on their website is "life's too short to be with the wrong sofa" !!! My mother who now has PTSD due to her accident, is distraught!!

Hi and welcome to CAG. I have moved your post from the end of an existing thread to one of your own so that you won't get missed.

Give me a minute to put some spaces in your post (CAG somethimes glitches and nicely spaced post go wrong)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

A customer is within their rights to cancel any order within 30 days and get a full refund for any reason. I suspect that Sofology are saying try it for 4 weeks so that by the time you did decide to ring, the 30 days would have passes. If this is true, it is shabby practice.

In store sofa's will obviously be different to the one your mum got as they will have been sat on quite a few times. It may be that over time, the eat cushions may sag a few inches but then that raises another point. Sofa's shouldn't overly sag for quite some time so I cannot see anything other than a refund or a better choice of sofa is the best solution.

As for this £800. Don't make me laugh.

If you are still within the 30 days, email them and reject the sofa (if that is the choice) If you need to ring them, please record the call. Some customer service operatives 'mislead' people with things that they would never put in writing.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I'd also inform trading standards. Even if they dont take action on your behalf, theyll add it to any other complaints that are made so they can take action

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

the order was placed on 11th September and the delivery was on 17th November - regarding 30 days do you mean from the time the sofas were delivered or from the point of ordering - my Mother isn't clear what you mean!?! I thought you meant from point of delivery!!

thanks!

!