Refund for my deceased sister

mollymop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am hoping someone can give me some advice on this as I am really confused.

I contacted TV licensing on 10th October to inform them my sister had recently passed away. As she had paid for her license up tol April 2017 they said they would issue a refund. I was advised a scanned copy of the death cert with an email would be sufficient which I sent on 10th Oct. My sister did not leave a will but I have been dealing with her financial affairs.

On the 12th October I received an email saying that they could not accept an electronic copy so I sent a letter on 14th October together with a copy of the death certificate.

I emailed them again to chase this on 10th Nov as I had heard nothing back and got the following reply:

Having checked our records I can see that we received your letter on 1 November 2016. I can advise you that we've issued an executors letter for you to complete and return which you should receive within 10 working days.

I emailed them again on 18th November to chase executors letter and asked why I was not sent this in the first instance abd received the following:

I can confirm that the executor letter was sent to you on 11 November 2016, I must advise you that it can take up to 10 working days to receive it.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience

I still have not received the executors letter from them so I emailed them again on 29th November to express my dissatisfaction and requested information about making a formal complaint and have not heard anything since.

I read somewhere that they do not give refunds and I was just wondering if this is true.

Hi

I am hoping someone can give me some advice on this as I am really confused.

I contacted TV licensing on 10th October to inform them my sister had recently passed away. As she had paid for her license up tol April 2017 they said they would issue a refund. I was advised a scanned copy of the death cert with an email would be sufficient which I sent on 10th Oct. My sister did not leave a will but I have been dealing with her financial affairs.

On the 12th October I received an email saying that they could not accept an electronic copy so I sent a letter on 14th October together with a copy of the death certificate.

I emailed them again to chase this on 10th Nov as I had heard nothing back and got the following reply:

Having checked our records I can see that we received your letter on 1 November 2016. I can advise you that we've issued an executors letter for you to complete and return which you should receive within 10 working days.

I emailed them again on 18th November to chase executors letter and asked why I was not sent this in the first instance abd received the following:

I can confirm that the executor letter was sent to you on 11 November 2016, I must advise you that it can take up to 10 working days to receive it.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience

I still have not received the executors letter from them so I emailed them again on 29th November to express my dissatisfaction and requested information about making a formal complaint and have not heard anything since.

I read somewhere that they do not give refunds and I was just wondering if this is true.

Their systems are designed to avoid refunds or keep them to a minimum.

They will normally only refund complete quarters of a year remaining, so their delays mean they will probably only refund one quarter, rather than half a year, if they had dealt with it properly on first time of contact.

Make a complaint, but i doubt they will be that bothered, as they are not really known for any proper responses.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread