Doors not Installed Properly - Who is my Remedy With?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We employed a builder to convert a brick shed and passageway into a wet room and utility area.

Part of the job was to install two external doors (one front, one back), these doors had to be wheelchair suitable.

We are now at floor laying stage (tiles) and the doors have been installed too high. Can't get a wheelchair through them.

The builder contracted this work out to a local window and door company.

We are trying to get the doors lowered but having difficulty in getting them to come and do it. They promised within two weeks but never came.

My question is, if I have to take them to court, who is my case with, the builder or the company he contracted to do the work.

Thanks

REMEMBER! Hunger is the enemy - NOT the hungry!

Hi,

Your contract was with the builder nd therefore, he is liable to sort the issue out. He subbed the work out, not you.

Keep pushing the builder for a resolution.

Did you have a written contract? If so, did it specify that the doors have to be wheelchair friendly?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

Yes, we do have a contract. It states that the building should be completed to the specifications and drawings supplied. These show disabled access, extra wide doors for wheelchairs etc.

Specs were included on drawings plus on separate sheets.

Specs and drawings were supplied to builder in person (full size) and by email attachment (A4 copies).

Thanks.

REMEMBER! Hunger is the enemy - NOT the hungry!