• Tweets

• Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • India has thousands of small gold refineries which are facing more competition from big players.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

In despair - Swift Advances excessive charges/ppi

peanut63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have kept an eye on this forum for a while and, like so many others that have got mixed up with this bunch of lowlifes, I have been trying to stop them getting possession of our home. I haven't posted about this before because this situation is so embarrassing and, also, because I didn't know if Swift spy on these forums.

Long story short, Swift have an Eviction Warrant but we managed to get it postponed for a couple of weeks before which, hopefully, we will be able to pay the arrears off.

I've read up a lot on here over the past few weeks and followed other peoples threads and I am really hoping for some advice about excessive charges? I have used the Spreadsheets on here and believe Swift have added about £20,000 of charges (without the Interest) over the time we've had the loan and, also, the loan had £3000 of PPI added which I now believe we can claim back as we were led to believe we had to take it and it was not suitable for us.

I think i've done the charges spreadsheet correctly but i'm not sure how I do the spreadsheet for the PPI. I think the PPI was supposed to be paid for the first 36 months and then the monthly payments went down. So, can someone tell me how I complete the spreadsheet for this please?

This situation is so stressful and we don't know what to do anymore. My husband is so depressed over this and has practically given up but I don't intend to let these ******** take our home without fighting them all the way because they've done nothing the Courts have ordered them to do over the various hearings and, basically, just lie about everything.

I would be so grateful if someone could help with with the PPI part of the charges and, possibly, just check over the Spreadsheets I've done for the other charges? I believe, if the excessive charges and PPI were refunded, then our arrears would be nowhere near what Swift say. I'm praying that, if I can work out how to do the spreadsheets, we may have a chance to get the Judge to grant us a hearing.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able to give us. x

Ok so another swift nightmare.

Im going to make a few assumptions based on your initial post.

You have all the statements from swift.

You have included every charge except standard interest in your spreadsheet, which should be the CISheet in our library.

You have the original agreement.

Also in the library you will find a FOS spreadsheet for the ppi, fill that in in exactly the same way, use the statements to identify every ppi payment, forced insurances of any kind

Have you ever sent a SAR to Swift?

Is there a possession hearing looming?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for your reply. They, actually, have an Eviction Warrant but it has been suspended for a couple of weeks so we can try and pay the arrears before then. If I can gather enough evidence to show these astronomical/unfair charges and, hopefully, be able to reclaim some/all of them, I was hoping to apply for a hearing to suspend the warrant again on the grounds that the arrears Swift are claiming we owe are wrong.

Swift don't want to give me any documents willingly, so I've had to fight for any documents I do get! I have managed to get a copy of the statements showing all the charges and a copy of the agreement. I SAR'd (and paid the £10 fee) them a couple of weeks ago but haven't had any acknowledgement or documents from them as yet.

They should have at least acknowledged the SAR, but nonetheless, the 40 day clock is ticking.

Because of how far you seem to be down the repo route, it may well be necessary to pay the arrears to avoid repossession or hopefully have a stay of execution of warrant in order to counterclaim.

Get all the spreadsheets completed asap and prepare a fully diarised and documented WS, you are gonna need to with these vultures.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thank you Martin,

I think i've nearly completed the spreadsheets but its all a bit confusing, doesn't help that i'm on morphine for pain and my head is a bit fuzzy and confused! Its the WS that worries me more as I have no idea about that. I'll try finish the spreadsheets now.

In the red cag search bar, enter "facts in a witness statement" to see what one should loik and read like.

You then use that format to write your story, from the outset if the loan with swift, highlighting everything from the agreement, the terms if the agreement, how much etc, repayment terms, account conduct over the term, when and where charges were added.

Its formatted to look bullet pointed but concise.

It will need to refer to and counter any points in swifts claim.

You get the idea and in a swift case it can get quite lengthy!

Have a go at one and then post a redacted version to thread for approval/comment

You are most welcome.

Hi,

I've been working on the spreadsheets to reclaim the excessive/unfair charges but its taking a bit of time.

I'm a bit unsure about the PPI element of my claim so wondered if you could help me.

The loan had PPI of £3,800 added and agreement says we pay it over 36 months.

Can you advise me how I calculate the interest on this please.

Are you able to identify how much of your monthly instalment was ppi?

If so then you have the ppi + interest charged amount, the 8% is then calculated by the spreadsheet.

I am assuming you have read the ppi sticky in the library regarding claiming ppi for single premium policies?

Yes I have read the sticky and I think i've worked it out right but just wanted to double check. I think my brain is fried from working out the unbelievable amount of all the other charges! Thank you for your help.

I'm making a start on my WS now. Just going through a copy of Swifts WS to the court and they've been very sparing with the truth.

Also, I really can't remember who the broker was but I will search for any more paperwork I can find.

As with other swift threads which you will find on here, swift will be very scarce in any forthcoming information, why would that be i hear you ask?

The answer is because the truth would hang them in court!!

Stick at it Peanut

can you scan the agreement? to pdf please

PPI/TOTAL-LOAN*100=PPI%

if you know the PPI

divide that by the total loan then times by 100

that will give you a %

so that % of whatever you paid, on each date

enter that sum under its date every time you pid it individually in the statint sheet

that does the rest.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your welcome peanut but dx has much more experience than i do with ppi, take his advice over mine.

Hi dx, I am having trouble scanning the agreement but these are the figures given on it:

Principal Loan - £25,365.00 228 monthly payments of £429.79)

(we, actually asked for less than this but were told that if we made it over £25,000 we would get the loan quicker...I know why now...made it unregulated!!)

Insurance Loan - £3,803.80 (36 payments of £60.17 then 192 payments of £10.35)

Total - £29,168.80 (36 payments of £489.96 then 192 payments of £449.14)

Interest Rate 18.39%

well you know the monthly payments then.

for the first 3yrs you paid £60.17

then from there in you paid £10.35

each month MUST be put in the statint on its own line.

you attach things by following the upload guide

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI again,

Can anyone help me with my witness statement?

I have been going through the repayment record that I finally managed to get from swift and i've noticed that a payment made in 2012, of which proof was provided to the judge and to swifts solicitors agent, is still not shown on the repayment record even though the judge accepted the proof and told swift they could not apply any costs to my account regarding this missing payment.

As they still have not applied the payment to my account, the arrears figure swift are using to evict me is, actually, not true.

Can anyone tell me how to properly word this in my witness statement to suspend the eviction warrant please?

Also, over the last 2 years I have made overpayments towards the arrears of, on average, £116.00 per month extra but, despite this, the arrears have not gone down because of all the unfair/excessive charges + interest they've been charging me.

I haven't had any response yet to my request that they refund me these charges.

I would really appreciated some advice on writing the witness statement if at all possible.

In the red cag search bar, type in repossession witness statement and have a look at how they should look and read.

No 2 WS are ever the same so look how one should read and put your story with events in place.

Once you get started it becomes easier to write as the information begins to flow