Prescribed terms in fixed sum variable rate agreements.Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am I correct that the prescribed terms for a fixed sum variable rate consumer credit act agreement is:

a amount of credit

b interest rate

c amount of payment

Credit £25,000

Interest £9.319,57 applied at 4.5% above banks base rate 5%

payments £408.68 x 84

Theres no total amount payable as this could alter due to an interest change throughout the time of the agreement. However, the amount of credit plus the interest applied to the credit do NOT equal the initial monthly payment?

£25,000 plus £9.319.57 = £34,319.57 divide by 84 payments = £408.56

This payment appears to be 12 pence less than the payment stated on the agreement. Anyone clued up on this?

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

As its a variable rate loan/agreement then 12p is neither here nor there, looks quite normal as far as agreements go.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

As its a variable rate loan/agreement then 12p is neither here nor there, looks quite normal as far as agreements go.

So you believe misstating a prescribed term is irrelevant?

Winston Churchill

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

what do you think Andy?

Winston Churchill

So you believe misstating a prescribed term is irrelevant?

No a prescribed term is very relevant, but if the interest rate varies at any point then the monthly payment by nature will also vary, so in that respect a 12p difference is really quite irrelevant.

Where is it you are trying to go with this, annulment of agreement maybe?

Couldn't see a court in the land agreeing there was an issue to be frank.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

No a prescribed term is very relevant, but if the interest rate varies at any point then the monthly payment by nature will also vary, so in that respect a 12p difference is really quite irrelevant.

Where is it you are trying to go with this, annulment of agreement maybe?

Couldn't see a court in the land agreeing there was an issue to be frank.

Payments under a loan agreement are a prescribed term are they not?

Regards

Winston Churchill

Stop sitting on fence Andy. If the payments are incorrect on a loan agreement would it render it unenforceable????/

Winston Churchill

Bottom is getting sore anyway now...sorry Paul only just got back on the forum:-)...I personally would have to agree with Martin...it wouldn't render it unenforceable IMHO...but it would allow you to possibly seek recompense..subject to the age and how much the payments have varied?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Bottom is getting sore anyway now...sorry Paul only just got back on the forum:-)...I personally would have to agree with Martin...it wouldn't render it unenforceable IMHO...but it would allow you to possibly seek recompense..subject to the age and how much the payments have varied?

Andy, my understanding is that if a prescribed term has been misstated it renders the agreement unenforceable. have i got this wrong??

Winston Churchill

What date is the agreement Paul?

Pre April 2007...therefore is it missing or just misleading.....s61(1)(a) Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Pre April 2007...therefore is it missing or just misleading.....s61(1)(a) Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The credit limit in Wilsons case was not missing it was mis stated this rendered the agreement unenforceable.

Ive been contacted by a pensioner who's husband recently passed away. The bank are withholding ppi totalling £33k that was mis sold on several loans. Ive read the letter sent to her MP last week and it reveals her husband never signed what the bank refers to a regulated agreement as an "amendment" document.

Paul

Winston Churchill

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?335464-Prescribed-terms-in-an-agreement

Have a read of this thread, post *3 is particularly relevant, note the use of the ANY under 3) Repayments

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?335464-Prescribed-terms-in-an-agreement

Have a read of this thread, post *3 is particularly relevant, note the use of the ANY under 3) Repayments

Im aware of this and if they use "any" they must make sure "any" is correct.

Winston Churchill

Within 3) Repayments, at point (f) The power of the creditor to vary any of the above.

We are talking 12p in variation!

I still believe its such a trivial point that no court in the land is going to render it unenforceable. Unless of course there are other enforceability issues?

Within 3) Repayments, at point (f) The power of the creditor to vary any of the above.

We are talking 12p in variation!

I still believe its such a trivial point that no court in the land is going to render it unenforceable. Unless of course there are other enforceability issues?

Varying an agreement is totally different to miss stating a prescribed term.

If the interest rate in a running credit account (prescribed term) is stated as 29% but is actually 28% do you think a court has the power to enforce just because it's a small differential??

Winston Churchill

But that isnt the case that you are referring to, you are referring to a 12p differential on a variable rate loan.

I really dont want to engage in a huge debate with you about it, i have given what i believe to be a fair assessment based on the information provided.

You are of course under absolutely no obligation to heed a word i have said.

With that in mind i dont think i can be of any further help and will take this opportunity to allow others to comment and shall bow out.

Regards

Martin2006

But that isnt the case that you are referring to, you are referring to a 12p differential on a variable rate loan.

I really dont want to engage in a huge debate with you about it, i have given what i believe to be a fair assessment based on the information provided.

You are of course under absolutely no obligation to heed a word i have said.

With that in mind i dont think i can be of any further help and will take this opportunity to allow others to comment and shall bow out.

Regards

Martin2006

The payments assume no variation of interest in the cca agreement otherwise they could be stated as any amount.

Case law confirms a prescribed term cannot be slightly mis-stated.

I'll post tomorrow once I have an experts view on this.

33. In my judgment the objective of Schedule 6 is to ensure that, as an inflexible condition of enforceability, certain basic minimum terms are included which the parties (with the benefit of legal advice if necessary) and/or the court can identify within the four corners of the agreement. Those minimum provisions combined with the requirement under section 61 that all the terms should be in a single document, and backed up by the provisions of section 127 (3), ensure that these core terms are expressly set out in the agreement itself: they cannot be orally agreed; they cannot be found in another document; they cannot be implied; and above all they cannot be in the slightest mis-stated. As a matter of policy, the lender is denied any room for manoeuvre in respect of them. On the other hand, they are basic provisions, and the only question for the court is whether they are, on a true construction, included in the agreement. More detailed requirements, which are designed to ensure that the debtor is made aware, so far as possible, of specified information (including information contained in the minimum terms) are to be found in Schedule 1.

Winston Churchill

The thing about APR's is that they must be accurate but there is a very narrow margin of tolerance , even at 0.01% the difference would be far greater than the 12p

The rounding may easily be to do with the way interest is calculated

As for the PT's you missed the number of payments and when they should start

The actual variation is 0.1% in APR

The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983.pdf

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

The thing about APR's is that they must be accurate but there is a very narrow margin of tolerance , even at 0.01% the difference would be far greater than the 12p

The rounding may easily be to do with the way interest is calculated

As for the PT's you missed the number of payments and when they should start

The actual variation is 0.1% in APR

[ATTACH]65763[/ATTACH]

Say the credit is stated as £10k and the interest is £2k (assumes no variance in the rate over the length of the loan) and theres 60 monthly payments, the first payment to be paid one month after the loan is drawn. What would the agreement state the monthly payment to be?

Winston Churchill

Say the credit is stated as £10k and the interest is £2k (assumes no variance in the rate over the length of the loan) and theres 60 monthly payments, the first payment to be paid one month after the loan is drawn. What would the agreement state the monthly payment to be?

Credit plus interest = £12k divide by 60 = £200. Is this correct?

Winston Churchill

Just a question

Is this a defaulted loan that you want to challenge in court or is it an academic discussion?

If it was from 2007 and 7 years it should of course have been paid off now.

If it has been defaulted , how much is left ?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Just a question

Is this a defaulted loan that you want to challenge in court or is it an academic discussion?

If it was from 2007 and 7 years it should of course have been paid off now.

If it has been defaulted , how much is left ?

Its to be challenged.

Winston Churchill