style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't see this super sight, typical clouds in the way again, and would be wonderful if any of our members could post up pics we can enjoy:-D

I'm really sorry, determindator. I'm in southern France at the moment and it's gone cloudy here now. I should have taken a photo earlier when there was a huge pale orange moon low in the sky. Shortly afterwards, it had a stripe of black cloud across the middle and then we lost the sight too.

It's wonderful to see, I agree.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I can see it where I am, the moon looks like it has a face! lol

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I will try but it has hidden itself behind a cloud :/

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Have a fab time HB:-D Maybe TawnyOwl will be out tonight scanning the skies for us

Hi Determindator,i was hunting for the Supermoon last night but to cloudy.

Just been out again and cloudy again.I am disappointed.

And remembering the Blood Red Supermoon that i photographed every half hour a while ago and stayed up all night to report on this marvel with live coverage only to realise after many hours my camera was not up to the job.

Just checked the weather radar for cloud cover and hoping it will come out.With it being so close we may even see the man on the moon,who knows.Seems to be a gap towards Wales if i am seeing things right.

UK Cloud Cover.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/uk-cloud-cover-forecast#?tab=map&map=Cloud&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=55.74&fcTime=1479117600

Fancy Honeybee13 talking to us from the South Of France.How Nice it must be there.

And the pictures from the BBC are very good.

Anyone who gets a snap put them on.

I am so excited this evening.Once again.

Just been looking for some tips.

With a few links and video weather forecast for tonight.

How to get the best photo of the 'supermoon' - according to Nasa

On Monday night many people across the world will get to see the brightest moon since 1948, a phenomenon know as a "supermoon".

It won't be this close again until November 2034.

So you may want to get your phone out, or camera, and take a few snaps if it's not too cloudy.

If you're wondering how to take a great picture, Nasa has issued some top tips.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/37975208/how-to-get-the-best-photo-of-the-supermoon---according-to-nasa

I have got pictures, how do I post them, they are not that good but is very cloudy here DSC00417_zpsuxdee2p7.jpg

DSC00416_zpsqzn8iycv.jpg

the pictures were taken with a digital camera and no flash so not that good

DSC00410_zps3p5ewoma.jpg

Well done snowdragon,you have photographed the moon on this historic day.I have not even seen the moon yet,despite trying.

We will not see this till 2034.I can hardly wait.

You are not in a boat are you snowdragon.I just saw a gap develop in the clouds offshore about 4 miles out.

cant see anything in Scotland

but my back garden has its advantages...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the pictures were taken from my digital camera and uploaded onto my pc, I only have a basic phone that has no internet or camera!

TO, I live in a house lol, the nearest seaside place to me I believe is Skegness!

cant see anything in Scotland

but my back garden has its advantages...

Pretty impressive.I wiped my screen about 3 times as so many moons seemed to be there. Of course these were stars,i hope,if not plenty of UFOs were about last night.

Sure i spotted Mars,slight red planet or do i need to go once again to spec-savers.

The flashing in the background is this the Aurora,or trucks and cars on a motorway.

Interesting.

Some were lucky it seems to find clear skies.I did not see anything,what about tonight the moon cannot surely shrink so quickly.

It must be around tonight just a little smaller.It is a clear as a bell now,warm and not a cloud in sight,typical.

I was in all seriousness going to the shoreline about 5 to photograph the moon sinking on the horizon.

But slept right through this chance.

I shall severely punish myself for missing this.But am now asking myself would it have been there or hiding behind cloud.

Ah i see snowdragon managed to have success,nice one.

Supermoon blocked by cloudy skies for millions of Brits but here's what you missed

Yesterday saw the moon come closest to the Earth since 1948 and with it brought spectacular views around the world

http://www.mirror.co.uk/science/supermoon-blocked-cloudy-skies-millions-9260914

may be another tonight and then another in December, wish had taken pictures when first saw it and the clouds were not as bad!

• 1 year later...

Saw the super moon this morning, looked massive

• 4 weeks later...

apparently for us gmt the first is due between 10pm and early on the 2nd around 2am

'The Jan. 31 supermoon is also the second full moon of January, making it a blue moon, and also occurs during a total lunar eclipse. '

space.com