Aaen Peach lawyers fees - received a bill for title transfer and remortgage for £1,400

paddyzmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a bill for title transfer and remortgage for £1,400

I used Aaen Peach solicitors in Glasgow after going through hbc

The initial quote was £395 plus vat, they didn't give any list of charges but had it in the details that i would be charged for costs incurred by the company

I've sold houses previously and done a title transfer with a mortgage before but wasnt charged anything like this, it wasn't a complicated case so that is why I'm so shocked at such a high bill

could anyone offer any info please

Thank you

Demand a full breakdown. You're entitled to it

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Classic case of "these apples are £1 per kilo. Do you want some?"

"yes please"

"there you go, 2kg. You can pay me tomorrow"

Next day: "I need to pay for the apples I bought yesterday"

"yes, that's £40"

"what? You said they we're £1 per kilo"

"not the ones you bought. They were the royal variety, same ones we deliver to the queen...you're bolloxed sir..."

• 1 year later...

Hi.

There seems to be a common thread here - HBC & Aaen Peach

. I have just replied to a Facebook comment, on the HBC Review page, posted by Lauren Mulherron.

HBC give a quote for conveyancing fees, as advertised on their site -(in our case - £261 + VAT + Disbursements - total of £644, including VAT).

Then they pass the case on to AP, who do not itemise their bill and the client ends up paying as much as AP ( and presumably HBC get a healthy chunk) wants to charge.

On 28th March 2018, I phoned HBC in Edinburgh and spoke to Melanie, to accept the quote. She said that she would pass it on to a Solicitor and he would send out the acceptance pack.

This arrived the next day but was sent by Aaen Peach.

One problem here is that I organised this for the vendors, my son and his wife, so they missed the point of the case having been passed on to a completely different solicitor - without permission or informing them.

AP had the same conveyancing fees but there was no breakdown of the disbursements.

I have never been given Terms and Conditions, without this specific information.

As it happens AP were useless.

They seemed incapable of negotiation on our behalf and, by 24th April, the buyer's offer had still not been accepted, so we were able to cancel AP and went with a local Solicitor.

Things moved very swiftly after that

. There is at least one other complaint on this website.

I am trying to pull these together, to make a formal complaint to the governing body for Conveyancers in Scotland.

If anyone else has first hand experience, please add to the comments on the HBC review page on Facebook