Xercise 4 less/ Harlands / CRS

orange86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmm, you've not made this any easier by continuing to use the gym when you knew you weren't paying.

Don't worry about CRS for now. What's URGENT in their mind is NOT urgent in the real world.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Orange,

I have to be honest - I was going to say you had a cheek to continue to use the gym when you've not been paying.

However, you TWICE made an offer to the gym to catch up with what you owed and continue the m/ship. So it really is the gym's fault for :-

1. Being so stubborn and intransigent in refusing to discuss the matter with you.

2. Allowing you to continue to use the gym using an entry code when they should have been fully aware you were behind with fees.

But I must also say, you need to stop using the gym with immediate effect.

Don't respond at all to Harlands/CRS attempts to contact you and, if they call you, just hang up !!

Keep us posted about Harlands/CRS, Zinc and Spratt Endicott demands.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

ok thanks slick, i did get a call from crc today but didnt answer it.

I still dont know if they have updated their systems with my correct postal address, it was only through this recent issue with crc did i realise xercise4less had a random address for me in their system !! So if any letters from them that come, i dont know if it will go to my address or a random one.

I havent used the gym since saturday and would doubt if they would even check my usage in the past 3 months.

In terms of my gym membership still being active, is it better to keep it like this in the short term?

Going to join another gym on the weekend.

Edited by orange86

Hi Orange,

It's important that you give Harlands your proper address. You need to know what they're up to at all times, even if we suggest you don't respond to their demands.

Letter to Harlands and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO when you send it :-

Harlands

2nd Floor, Rockwood House

9-17 Perrymount Road

Haywards Heath

West Sussex

RH16 3TW

Dear Harlands/CRS,

I refer to contact from Harlands/CRS.

My address is xxxx, xxxxx, xxxxxx and please make sure you have it recorded correctly.

I will not call you and, if you have something to say, please write to me.

Yours faithfully,

That'll do for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i received a letter from CRC dated 8th December with the following:

"We've been employed by Xercise 4 Less as your membership remains in arrears despite previous letters sent to you.

As a result of this, our fees totalling £102.50 have been added. Therefore your account balance now stands at £207.47

We want to reach an amicable resolution with you!

In order to do this, please ring our non premium rate number: xxxx xxxxxx

What are the options? "

Any help on what to do next?

nothing.

next bloke at the next desk in a diff coloured skirt if you go read a few threads in this forum

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

they have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

After long last i received an email from the zinc group with the usual blurb.

they called me while i was at work yesterday but i said to call me back after 5pm which they didn't do.

i'll assume not to communicate any further with them?

Dear Sir / Madam,

Welcome to the Zinc Group,

we have been instructed by our client to assist you with the resolution of your account.

We would therefore like to invite you to review the options we have made available to you as a priority customer, these have been designed to make the process as simple as possible while ensuring that you have full control of your circumstances.

At Zinc we understand that not all of our customers are the same, but we are committed to treating all of our customers fairly.

You can visit our website [removed - dx] or contact your personal account manager in order to:

as post 32

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Orange,

When they called you earlier, you should have said, "I'll deal with this in writing only and don't call me again." That's when you hang up.

If they call you again, ignore. If you answer and finds it's them, say nothing and hang up.

Keep us posted but I expect it'll get passed back to Harland/CRS when Spratts realise you're not intimidated by them.

• 1 year later...

hi, its been a long time since i've heard from xercise 4 less or its cronies.

today out of the blue i receive an email from CRS saying 'your file has recently been returned to us by external agents'. they are asking me to call up for payment.

am i good to ignore it?

what are CRS?

and they

Hi Orange,

Harlands and CRS are one and the same !!

The only external agent they use is The Zinc Group who throw disputed cased back to Harlands/CRS like hot potatoes when challenged. If you're REALLY lucky, you'll get a letter from Major Law or Spratt Endicott, whichever Harlands are using as their Pet "Solicitor" - they can be ignored or you can send them one of my challenging letters.

Nowt to worry about for now though.

Ignoring them is the perfect tactic for now as long as they're using your current address. That way you know what these fools are up to