Insurance won't pay out and now accusing us of fraud!!! HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I can't dispute it now as the decision was made by the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman decision was final, unless I wanted to take them to court. They were made to pay out, but said they had every right to cancel as it looked like we were trying to gain financially from both policies. We've still got no insurance and I am not really sure who to go to and what to say to the next insurance. It seems very unfair to be accused of fraud when it simply was not the case

Thanks for your reply. I can't dispute it now as the decision was made by the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman decision was final, unless I wanted to take them to court. They were made to pay out, but said they had every right to cancel as it looked like we were trying to gain financially from both policies. We've still got no insurance and I am not really sure who to go to and what to say to the next insurance. It seems very unfair to be accused of fraud when it simply was not the case

Try Bureau Insurance services, Home Protect, Towergate. Might be expensive, but you will be able to obtain Insurance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

it isnt there, the ombudsmans decision determined that there was no fraud so if they have a fraud maeker you can complain to the ICO and also sue them for your losses for false reporting of data as per Durkin v DSG and others.

The insurance co doent have to accept your business though and I wouldnt want to give it to them anyway. You twell your next insurer that you made a claim for whatever on the such and such date and leave it at that

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I am still having trouble finding building and content insurance.

When mentioned the fraud on our account, they just refuse to insure us.

My question here is...

The last policy was in my husbands name only.

Can I insure the house under my name??

Even though we're married with the same surname.

It's been over 18months now with no insurance and its making me nervous as I want to do building work to the house and the mortgage company don't know that we've got no building and contents. Please someone tell me the way forward.

Hi Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately I've just re read the ombudsman letter and even thought they made them pay out, they also said that one of the policies was right to cancel due to fraud.

I don't know how to get any insurance now.

Can I apply for insurance in my name who will it be a marker on the house?

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

You only have to have buildings ins under mortgage rules

And even then if you can't afford it..tough luck on them

Yes you can use your name..sorted!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

when they ask you questions you answer them but do not volunteer any information.

so if they ask if you have had a claim you say yes and leave it at that unless they ask for dates and then you tell them the dates, you still dont go into a long story about this.

there is no fraud on your account, that has been decided so stop mentioning it

Thanks so much. I only intend to get building insurance, and put £20 PM away for my own insurance, as we had a 15year no claims on this policy. So when I call up and they say have you had any policies before do I just say no, because its not been in my name?

yep

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...