• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

help with hellix needed asap

lynzfa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved an email from hellix re a minicredit loan i took out over 5 years ago when i was married.it was a 200 loan now they want £1181 and have said they can come and remove goods from my property. As it is in my married name and not my name now are they able to do that?i dont know why they are saying i owe so much either

and have said they can come and remove goods from my property.

Ha ha ha ha ha, that's the best laugh I've had all week!!

They seriously sent you that in an email????

Unless they have taken you to court, and obtained a judgement against you, and you have failed to pay what the judge ordered, and they have gone back to the judge to get their permission to enforce it by way of court certified bailiffs, then they most certainly CANNOT remove goods from your property. That's called theft.

Have you checked your credit file?

Have they bought it or are they simply chasing for their client, they're a NWNF debt chaser, so it is in their interest to lie, bully and intimidate and exploit a debtors lack of knowledge in order to stay in the game.

Can you screen dump that email and post it up on here?

The FCA and CSA, who they're members of would be interested in that empty threat of breaking into your property to steal your goods, not sure if the FCA should even allow them to keep their CCL.....??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Our Ref: Hxxxxxx

Debt Type: KAPAMA CREDIT

Client Ref: OPxxxxx

Balance: £1,181.50

Telephone: 0203 096 5899 (Calls are recorded)

7 DAY NOTICE OF INTENT

Dear Mrs Lyndsay Mxxxx

Despite previous correspondence being sent to you during the life of your MiniCredit Debt the matter still remains outstanding, Hellix Ltd an FCA Authorised Debt Collection Firm has been instructed to Issue this NOTICE OF INTENT for non-payment, this will not affect the NOTICE OF DEFAULT that is registered on your Credit File by Kampama for non-payment of this long outstanding Short Term loan and preventing you from obtaining any further credit until paid.

The Notice is issued to make you aware we are finally starting the recovery procedure for the retrieval of our clients money and will advise them after the 7 days has expired on the possible action they will need to consider to resolve your debt this could include but not limited to;

STARTING LEGAL PROCEEDINGS

To obtain a County Court Judgement (Decree for Scotland) against you which if obtained may result in further legal proceedings to enforce the judgement debt. Some of which are;

Attachment of Earnings (Earnings Arrestment for Scotland)

If you are employed, money will be deducted directly from your employment salary to repay the Debt.

Charging Order (Inhibition Order of Scotland)

If you own your home, the debt will be secured against your home preventing you from selling it without repaying the debt first. A separate application could also be made to force the sale of your home to repay the debt.

Warrant of Execution (Decree Warrant for Scotland)

Goods may be removed from your home up to the value of the debt and sold at auction. If legal action is taken the total amount you owe may be higher than the current outstanding balance as recoverable cost and interest incurred during the legal process will be added to the debt.

We would like to advise you we are willing to offer flexible repayment solutions that will meet your budget. Where this is not affordable our agents will also discuss alternative options and help available for you. We can accept £827.05 in a lump sum payment to clear the debt. Please be assured that we will take your financial circumstances into account when discussing any repayment plan to ensure suitability and will always have your best intentions to heart.

Maintaining payments or settling your account will be positively reflected with the Credit Reference Agencies.

TO MAKE PAYMENT

All payments through the post should be made payable to Hellix Limited with our reference number clearly stated at all times. You can make payment by Standing Order, or if your bank account allows by On-line or telephone banking Quoting Account Number 08763317 Sort Code 09-01-28 and our reference number, you can also make payment at any Santander Branch with our above bank details.

Debit or Credit card facilities are available on 020 3096 5899

Yours sincerely

Mr Nigel Goddard

Collections Manager

Hellix Limited

6 St Margarets Business Park

Moormead Road

Twickenham

TW1 1JN

Main Line 0203 096 5899 (Calls are recorded)

[email protected]

http://mtrack.me/tracking/raWzMz50paMkCGZlAQD5AmZ5AQDzMKWjqzA2pzSaqaR9AQx3BGN2BQLzrKMurUMkCGRjAwL0ZwN1ZmZlCt

DPA Registration NO: 285 8625 Fully Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of consumer credit regulated accounts. Full Permission Reference Number FRN690700 Registered Office 1 Golden Court Richmond Surrey TW9 1EU

Need Help or Advice

If you are in financial difficulty or are struggling with debt, you can get free advice and help by contacting National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 or Step Change Debt Charity on 0800 138 1111 or Money Advice Services on 0300 330 2222

Please note if you chose to communicate with Hellix Limited by email, unless you advise us otherwise, we will accept this as your consent to use your personal details to contact you by electronic means (email) with information about your account(s) which may include collection activity, negotiations and other services and products. You may call our Head office on 0203 096 5899 during office hours to discuss your account.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. If you need to print it, please consider printing it double-sided, reduce your carbon footprint.

Hellix Limited is a member of the Credit Services Association. The Credit Services Association (CSA) is the only National Association in the UK for companies active in relation to unpaid credit accounts, debt recovery agencies, tracing and allied professional services and has a history dating back to 1902.

The information contained in this message is private and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden and may be illegal. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately. Hellix Limited will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from any use or alteration of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on. Hellix Limited reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or detecting any unauthorised use of its system and ensuring its compliance policies are adhered to.

Standard garbage spat out by their computers, believe me when I say that they don't have your best interests at heart, far from it!

And paying this, or 'maintaining payments' will NOT be reflected positively on your credit file, that is a definite lie!

OK, the rest of it, read it again, and it doesn't say WILL anywhere, it says 'may', we will advise our clients who may take further action including but not limited to blah blah blah.....

The fact is, that Hellix cannot do anything, if Kapama credit want their money then THEY have to take action, all you have their is a missive printed and sent out by a computer in order to try and force you into paying.

And the fact that they are offering a discount, speaks volumes, there is clearly charges and interest which can be reclaimed.

IMO let it run, when di you last pay anything towards this?

And check your credit file too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Standard garbage spat out by their computers, believe me when I say that they don't have your best interests at heart, far from it!

And paying this, or 'maintaining payments' will NOT be reflected positively on your credit file, that is a definite lie!

OK, the rest of it, read it again, and it doesn't say WILL anywhere, it says 'may', we will advise our clients who may take further action including but not limited to blah blah blah.....

The fact is, that Hellix cannot do anything, if Kapama credit want their money then THEY have to take action, all you have their is a missive printed and sent out by a computer in order to try and force you into paying.

And the fact that they are offering a discount, speaks volumes, there is clearly charges and interest which can be reclaimed.

IMO let it run, when di you last pay anything towards this?

And check your credit file too.

The loan was over 5 years ago so that was the last time they recieved any payment from me. I havent heard from them until now im not very good with emails or letters like this ao start panicking a bit.

It's understandable to panic, I've only just started receiving letter from a DCA regarding an account, that I fully intend ignoring, but I'm mindful of how litigious they are, so a little cautious.

IMO, they realise that they've not long left to take action against you, so are simply rattling your cage to see if you're going to blink first.

What you need to ask and remind yourself is the fact that, if the OC wanted to get the money back, then THEY would have taken action against you well before now, not got some tin pot powerless gopher to do it for them.

Remember, Hellix don't own this, they are simply doing the OC's dirty work, and unless they get a payment from you, they don't earn any commission.

Stay Shtumm, and you'll either receive a weekly missive, with increasing threats, before they hand it back to the OC, to be flogged off as a toxic debt in a portfolio of other toxic debts.

It's understandable to panic, I've only just started receiving letter from a DCA regarding an account, that I fully intend ignoring, but I'm mindful of how litigious they are, so a little cautious.

IMO, they realise that they've not long left to take action against you, so are simply rattling your cage to see if you're going to blink first.

What you need to ask and remind yourself is the fact that, if the OC wanted to get the money back, then THEY would have taken action against you well before now, not got some tin pot powerless gopher to do it for them.

Remember, Hellix don't own this, they are simply doing the OC's dirty work, and unless they get a payment from you, they don't earn any commission.

Stay Shtumm, and you'll either receive a weekly missive, with increasing threats, before they hand it back to the OC, to be flogged off as a toxic debt in a portfolio of other toxic debts.

thankyou that makes me feel a bit better. I just didnt want baikiffs turning up n taking my goods. Coukd they do that anyways if thats not my name anymore anyways?

Hi Lynzfa

Its late but I will come back to you tomorrow with a response.

Just an FYI - Minicredit dissolved themselves in 2014 / 2015 - But i will reveal more tomorrow.

Please dont worry about court.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Willy waving

Forget about it

Bailiff s can never be involved

Until its been to court

You lose

You fail to pay it

Then they might be assigned

But they can't force entry anyway

And the debt is regulated by the CCA anyway

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...