Getting whats owed

DreamEater
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My ex (the mother to my son) has run away to Scotland (about 4 months ago) and left him behind with me and my girlfriend.

We had a signed agreement (witnessed by a solicitor) that after a couple of months of moving up there she would pay £100 a month towards feeding/clothing/school etc, she paid twice then went silent, completely silent, doesn't even ring to speak to him anymore.

So i got the CMS involved, I paid the extra to have it done as a collect and pay, as historically she has been bad with money.

I know she was working as of two weeks ago, and had been up to that point at about 40 hours a week, but the CMS have claimed she should only pay NIL per week. I have the right to appeal, but I just want to know how?

It might sound stupid and there is instructions on how to do it etc, but, I don't want to miss anything with this possible one chance to appeal and get it started.

Can anyone advise on how and what to ask for them to do etc? I can't talk to my ex and I don't have anyone near her to see if she is working, but I'm almost positive she is, which is why I'm quite surprised they have come back with NIL.

Cheers.

Maybe she is on a low income or is not working at all now ?

CMS told me they get their information about the paying parent direct from HMRC, so whatever her employer reports to HMRC as her taxable income the CMS can see / access.

So to have classed her as NIL one would assume your ex has no or low income, or if she works it is not reported to HMRC.

In order to appeal you would need to know why they have set her payments as NIL.

If you think they have been given incorrect information they you would need to provide correct information.

But as you have no contact to your ex and do not know for sure what she is doing that may be difficult to do.

Maybe she is on a low income or is not working at all now ?

CMS told me they get their information about the paying parent direct from HMRC, so whatever her employer reports to HMRC as her taxable income the CMS can see / access.

So to have classed her as NIL one would assume your ex has no or low income, or if she works it is not reported to HMRC.

In order to appeal you would need to know why they have set her payments as NIL.

If you think they have been given incorrect information they you would need to provide correct information.

But as you have no contact to your ex and do not know for sure what she is doing that may be difficult to do.

I have spoken with them, there appears to be some confusion over whats going on, but the short of it is, I know she is at work, and I have provided that to them so they will chase her, apparently HMRC haven't had an update about her work status in about 4 years, which is roughly how long since he was born.

Hopefully her employer which is the Whitbread group should reply to them and help get the ball rolling.

Cheers.