Lowell claimform - mates Cap1 debt - lots of charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A mate has had a "Pre Legal Assessment " letter from lowlifes,

I was told account was Cap One card opened around 2001 via post

due to job loss nothing apart from token £1 paid from 2010, for a year or so until C1 stopped them from being able to make online payments,

they then phoned them constantly asking for payments,

given to Lowell in 2014 whereupon it appears they added their own default.

I think the balance of around £3.6K

is chock full of charges and late payment fees.

Would SAR to Cap1 help establish original default date, and what are lowlifes chances on this one?

Have told them to register with Clearscore and Noddle to check what else might be lurking in there.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon there must be 500+ if not more if was defaulted around 2012 by OC. What are Lowlifes chances of coming up with an enforceable agreement from 2001?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

"Pre Legal Assessment " letter from lowlifes

a threatogram imo.

sar shld go to the original creditor, as they are the ones who usually default prior to sale.

if its just the default date you're after, try ringing the original creditor, or see whats on the credit file (as the default date shld be the same regardless of who now owns it)

Will tell them to SAR Cap 1,

I am suspicious as Lowlifes apparently offered a discounted payment last year

but my mate has been ignoring them they say, it was the latest letter that prompted them to ask.

Lowlifes are noted for adding a new default when they are sold a debt, in an effort to reset a SB clock.

given to Lowell in 2014 whereupon it appears they added their own default

they can put their name on it if has been sold to them, but they cant change the original default date.

Lowlifes are noted for adding a new default when they are sold a debt, in an effort to reset a SB clock.

yep. as before, they can put their name on it, but they cant change the default date.

plus, there is the argument that a default date may not necessarily be re the sb clock.

are the old pre school letter

was it in red crayon?

CCA to Lowells

SAR to the OC.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Think it had green John Bull printed headers.

Will tell them to do just that.

Would the date of the agreement as in 2001 make any difference?

have to be a copy of the signed one

a recon wont do

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So potentially Lowells are up the creek, it is telling that they told me they were offered a discounted balance last year, about a K less, so chock full of unlawful fees probably.

or they alredy know they cant enforce it

dx

and they

Am seeing them later so SAR CAP 1, and CCA Lowell, or ignore?

is this the only comms hes had in recent years the yes ignore

must be near SB too?

and they

Apparently Lowell put on a default in 2014, but surely Cap 1 must have defaulted earlier they seem to have been sold the debt around then, Am told nothing paid since 2011, as Cap 1 prevented them making a token online payment.

nope only the OC can default a debt

that would have been done upon or before the sale..

that's what cap1 always do close down access.

the defaulted date cannot be changed

so what other letters has he had before this one

and they

The usual sort the debt out letters, a statement, an offer of a discounted settlement all ignored, until they asked about the Pre Legal Assessment letter. I would hazard a guess that the discounted payment offer indicated no CCA they can get their paws on to ground anything.

i think i'd ignore then

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

Lowlifes have surfaced again, another pre legal letter for him with an annual statement, usual guff full of ifs buts and maybe's should I suggest CCA to Lowlifes, and SAR to Cap 1 now? Reckon there must be £4-500 in charges as he told me the debt was originally £3k when he was prevented from paying online around 2011 or 2012, but default appeared in 2014 with Lowlifes

Poss PPI?

they seem to be sending out lots of these pre school assessment letters just recently on lemon debts.

what colour was the crayon....

sar to the oc poss but let lowells stew...

and they

Have suggested CCA to Lowlifes and SAR to Cap 1, just in case they do try a claim, apparently there is no previous address on the debt for them to send a claimform to

• 4 weeks later...

Lowell have now sent my mate another letter transferring the account to Lowell Solicitors,

also enclosed is a letter from them on green headed paper saying they now have the account and to phone them to arrange to pay etc etc.

Helpfully they have put the original A?C no from Cap1 which he had lost.

Time for CCA I think to Lowell or to the "Solicitors" on the next desk along?

and as there were probably late payment fees in the debt SAR to Cap1

He tells me last payment or any acknowledgement was atound 2011- 2012,

he has not contacted Lowell at all just binned their letters.

would have been useful to have gotten that sar done last year

we'd have the data by now.

and they

He's just come round in a panic, Lowlife solicitors have texted him half an hour ago demanding he phones them now.

Told him to keep all txts especially if they text daily or more frequently and to CCA tomorrow but to Lowlifes or the Lowlife Solicitor ? He said he didn't SAR Cap1 as he had lost the account ref, but the latest letter has it on there.