• Tweets

• Thanks once again dx! Your advice is greatly appreciated. I think you forgot the bit where you say "In future contact CAG first." At least I would have saved £69 but I've learned a lesson way more valuable and that's not to ignore a debt just hoping it will go away after 6 years. Here's hoping as a gesture of good will they actually remove it. Although theoretically they could also put a satisfied default on my file as well. The irony is that I only found out because I wanted another contract with EE. They told me I'd never get another EE contract with the AP markers on my file until it was paid off, so that's why I thought it would be resolved. Interestingly Lowell put up a proper fight after their account dropped off the CRA but you're correct. It wasn't written off! They ended up agreeing in writing "to no longer enforce the debt"
    • I'm further confused, in your defence you stated: 1.  The Defendant is the recorded keeper of [motor vehicle] And not only that, this started out as you putting the wrong registration number in, you PAID for the parking, you just made an error putting the wrong reg in? ... de minimis? That was the crux of the case, what did the judge say about that?
    • My emailed letters to P2G have been received and considered by David Jeremia Schnur who is P2G's 'Escalation and Complaints Adviser'. His response is attached. 19Apr24 David Schnur Linked In page.pdf 19Apr24 P2G email to me confirming my emails received.pdf
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Not prosecuting in the public interest seems to be bandied about on forums frequented by students. I don't think I've ever seen a prosecution not go ahead because of that. You would have to define why it isn't in the public interest to prosecute someone who isn't paying their way and is costing other travellers more. I can't think of a reason. HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Champion soccer debt

CH1993
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Joined a 5 a side league with Champion Soccer a few months ago with a group of friends.

We played a few weeks

because of friends working shifts they would be called into work at short notice so was hard to always make the games.

I decided as I was the manager they were pestering, to inform them we would be leaving the league as I couldn't guarantee the teams commitment due to circumstances out of my control.

They told me we wouldn't be able to leave the league until they find a replacement team, which I find ridiculous as they can just not bother and send a massive bill to you by the end of the season!

I ticked an agreement at the start of the application to say I would pay the fixtures for the season, but have not signed nothing therefore cannot prove I ticked it.

I have recently looked at the league and noticed teams with different names to when we started which makes me think they have found replacements and not informing me.

I have recently received a letter insisting they will be going to the county court to claim the debt (£416) and it has me worried.

I have seen other posts on the website but none have came to a conclusion?

I'm tempted to try my luck and ignore them?

Anyone have any info, would be great.. or if you need to know more info I will share.

Thanks

yep guessed right

they never go anywhere near a court.....

if you read the letter carefully, they don't say will anywhere...

safe to say, even though we've never seen any DCA involvement...

if they do pass it to a DCA.

just remember a DCA has NO LEGAL POWERS whatsoever.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, that's what I needed some reassurance.

Have you heard from anybody on here that have had a similar issue with a conclusion/closure?

I have emailed the guy who we originally started with and gave him notice of us leaving, and also followed it up a few weeks later with another email stating I have not heard from you and tried calling so assume the issue has been resolved to which he didn't reply again.

Again, thanks for any help.

don't think any of these soccer threads they've ever bothered to comeback

9/10 that's means it simply died a death

they cant do anything to you

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Anything come of this? I have received a letter saying they will take me to court.

Any help would be great, thanks

no you haven't read the letter PROPERLY

it does not say WILL anywhere!!

dx

and they

You're right dx, I've looked at the letter again and it only says "you now leave us with no alternative but to make an application to the Northampton County Court"

The deadline is tomorrow, do you believe it is all just scarce tactics/load of tripe?

Same, I ticked something along with my application "I accept full responsibility on behalf of my team to fulfil and pay for fixtures as required and agree to abide by the rules of the competition"

But on the form I also made a point of highlighting my friends work shifts and because it was summer we could be away and miss fixtures. If they wasn't happy with that then surely they should of told me.

Also, they didn't enforce the rules i.e teams would play with no shin pads, not correct footwear which is part of there "rules"

Thank you again for this, has really eased my mind from worry, with Christmas around the corner I could not afford £400+

Hello and welcome to the CAG

If you would like to receive detailed input, it would be helpful if you could post a copy (or type out the main bits) of the letter you received from the club.

I think sending them a short formal response similar to TJ1990's letter is a very good idea. The key point is that you deny liability and ask them to prove it - ask them to provide a signed copy of the T&Cs they are relying on and ask them to provide a full explanation of the amount they are claiming. If they can't substantiate their claim they might go away.

I personally think responding is a better approach than ignoring them. Most of the DCAs rely on people simply rolling over, they might be more likely to issue a court claim if they think you won't bother defending it as that gives them an easy default judgment. Also it will look bad if they issue a claim without providing the reasonable evidence you have asked for - they might not be able to provide this evidence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The last letter I received reads..

"Despite written and verbal correspondence from champion soccer the above debt remains unpaid.

You now leave us with no alternative but to make an application to the Northampton County Court to recover the amount. Please be aware that in the likely event of our application being successful you will be liable for the court costs, in addition to your credit rating being negatively affected.

Our application will be made on Tuesday 18th October 2016 without any further warning, unless we hear from you before 4pm on this date"

This is from the company champion soccer, not from any DCA's

Thanks for posting that up. In that case I would definitely suggest sending a short response along the lines suggested in my previous post, before tomorrow. That way they know you are going to fight it and that they won't be handed an easy win through a default undefended judgment, that might be enough to put them off.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 2 weeks later...

IGNORE THEM

start a new thread

of your OWN

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Like DX states I have chosen to ignore them. I was getting the general impression that what everyone else was doing.

I thought if I sent them a letter it's sort of acknowledging the debt to them, and admitting where you live and name and so on.

When was you in the league with champion soccer? What letters have you received?

It is still early days but I'm hoping to never hear from them again!!!

Hello.

Yeah, I took DX's advice and just ignored them.

I've received exactly the same letter as you but for an amount under £100 and my 'deadline' was recently up. So time will tell if I hear any more - I'll let you know if I do. If you could let me know if you hear anything further that would be great.

Cheers.

When was you part of the league? Ours was this summer, I think it ended last month (October)

Does anybody know how long it takes to process a county court claim i.e how long is it likely to take to receive a letter from them, if it was to happen?

I'll keep you posted if anything happens, as I said it's still early days.

• 1 month later...

I got a

"Despite written and verbal correspondence from champion soccer the above debt remains unpaid.

You now leave us with no alternative but to make an application to the Northampton county courticon to recover the amount. Please be aware that in the likely event of our application being successful you will be liable for the court costs, in addition to your credit rating being negatively affected.

Our application will be made on xxx 2016 without any further warning, unless we hear from you before 4pm on this date"

letter today.

Has this ever gone anywhere with anyone?

Thanks

I got a

You now leave us with no alternative but to make an application to the Northampton county courticon to recover the amount. Please be aware that in the likely event of our application being successful you will be liable for the court costs, in addition to your credit rating being negatively affected.

Our application will be made on xxx 2016 without any further warning, unless we hear from you before 4pm on this date"

letter today.

Thanks

Nope. Heard nothing since mine.

I got a

letter today.

Thanks

can you scan it up please to PDF?

and they

another question to consider would be were the variations of the contract enough to allow either side perform to original contract? i would suggest not. If they cant enforce certain things like safety elements then the whole thing isnt being done and they cant now claim that you have to pay them for your breaches when they have broken it.

Like DX states I have chosen to ignore them. I was getting the general impression that what everyone else was doing.

I thought if I sent them a letter it's sort of acknowledging the debt to them, and admitting where you live and name and so on.

When was you in the league with champion soccer? What letters have you received?

It is still early days but I'm hoping to never hear from them again!!!

Hi mate have you heard anything since choosing to ignore them? I am in a similar situation.

always best to start a new thread?

of you own too.

but yes ignore

and they

It started in October and is finishing in March. My team have played the first 10 games and cannot carry on. They are charging me for the remaining fixtures as i let them know i could not play due to players having work commitments etc. I have not received a letter saying about making an application to county court yet but i was just curious to find out what will happen if I ignore the letters i have already received. They have already sent me fines and i am yet to reply as i am choosing to ignore them. How can they prove who i am? Personally i think its a scare tactic?

thanks