Palliative Team requested level shower be installed in council flat. 5 mths later relative died and work not done.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Nearly 6 months ago my Father in Law was diagnosed with terminal cancer. The Palliative Care team at his Hospital immediately requested that the council fit a level access shower in his council flat.

4 months later, his wife had heard nothing so rang the Council up. Was told that the adjudication Panel had rejected the request!

The next day his daughter phoned to plead with them to reconsider. They immediately phoned back to say they had granted the application. No reason was given for the refusal or the reconsideration.

She was phoned in August to say they would start work on shower on the following Monday. They never turned up. No reason was given.

He passed away mid-September. The shower was never fitted. For the last few months of his life he refused to leave the flat because he was worried that he smelled. This despite his wife washing him frequently using cloths and bowls of soapy water.

I have registered a formal complaint and I'm awaiting the response. I have had a phone call from the Director of Adult Social Care who apologised but refused to provide any explanation. He told me to register a formal complaint if I felt his apology wasn't sufficient. I have made FOI request for the minutes of the Panel meetings.

However, I am now considering legal action to seek financial compensation for his wife.

Would she have a case and if so, how would I go about it?