• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Crs DCA and golds gym 'debt'

nizito
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

i received letter from the CRS saying i owe money to golds gym.

I had membership before with them

i cancelled and give them 1 month notice.

i miss one payment for the last month and now this agency ask me to pay 123 pound fee plus 45 for the payment.

i want to pay only what i owe.

I dont know what to.do

but i think is unlowful to pay this charges to CRS.

If anyone can help please ?

be much appreciated.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st

crs are a dCA

they are not bailiffs

and have

no such legal powers

on what date did you cancel?

on what date was your last DD payment?

what was the monthly fee?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok

adapt this letter to your details...

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my membership at XXXXlink3.gifgymlink3.gif in [Town].

I cancelled my direct debitlink3.gif mandate on DDMMYYYY and this was adequate notice of my intention to cancel.

I now realise I should have paid a final month's fee to you for the notice period in the sum of£XXXXto you now.

I will not pay you any administration or cancellation fees - these are penalties that are unlawful and unenforceable.

If you confirm in writing that you'll accept the amount of £XXXX in settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any other payment, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.

Yours faithfully,

Send this off to CRS and get a free Certificate Of Posting at the PO when you send it.

don't use email

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Niz,

DX has given you a good letter to adapt and send.

Add a paragraph saying - "You should note my new address is [your new address] and you must use this for any further communication."

Keep us posted ...........

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

close but no cigar for me then...:lol:

and they

Hi i just send the letter dint put this paragraph as i saw your mesage now :(

i hope it will help they ask for too much money i owe only for one month.

Can they send me to the court if i dont pay?

Is my mistake i cancel the DD and the gym couldnt get the last payment now i have to deal with this parasites.

I dont know why gym ask for 45 pound instead of 35.

Now CRS added 123 fee.

Total amount 168 pound wich is too much for one missed payment.

����

stick to the letter

they've not done court since 2012

just remember a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

they have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

and they

Hi dx before i register in the forum and asked for advice

i sent them email because i was confuse anyway and i just get this email from them:

Dear Miss

Re: CRS Ref No: XXXXXXXX

Further to your email of 15th September 2016 we write to confirm that there is no mistake.

You yourself have admitted that you owe one month's membership fee.

One month's membership fee is £35.00,

however, the terms of your agreement allow Golds gym to apply a £10.00 administration fee for any missed payment,

and furthermore,

to pass onto you any costs in employing a third party debt recovery company if any amount due remains unpaid for a period of 30 days and any costs in tracing you should you have changed address without telling them.

On 7th September 2016 Gold Gyms have employed our services to recover the sum of £45.00 for them

(£35.00 membership fee and £10.00 adminsitration fee)

at that time you became responsible for our minimum fees of £87.00,

and our costs in tracing you to your current address (£36.00)

bringing your balance to the £168.00 we have asked for.

Payment can be made by Credit/Debit card by calling us on 01444 449165.

Alternatively, cheque/postal orders should be made payable to Credit Resolution Services and sent to CRS, 2nd Floor, Rockwood House, 9-17 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 3TW.

A payment plan can also be set up if you are unable to settle in full, although we do charge a little extra for this.

If you are experiencing financial difficulty, there are organisations who offer free debt advice and assistance such as Step Change (0800 1381111), National Debtline (0808 8084000) and your local Citizen Advice Bureau.

Please ensure a payment or response is received within the next 7 days, so we can avoid further action being taken.

Yours sincerely,

David Castle

Collections Department

Credit Resolution Services and CRS are trading styles of Harlands Services Ltd. Registered Office: : 2nd Floor, Rockwood House, 9 - 17 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath RH16 3TW. Company Registration No. 2982925. VAT Registration No. 799 7113 70.

IMPORTANT

This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately permanently delete it. Although efforts will have been made to ensure that this e-mail and any attachment(s) are free from software viruses you should yourself ensure that they are in fact virus-free. Please note that Harlands Services Ltd does not accept any responsibility for any loss caused by software viruses.

On 15/09/2016 10:39, Nin wrote:

>

> Dear Sir/ Madam

>

> Re: CRS Ref No: 8411587

> Golds Gym Ref.No :HOU06822

>

> The payment is incorrect and I only owe for one month as per cancellation shedule but will reply with a more comprehesive letter on the weekend.

total bowlarks.

send that letter

and they

I sent by post this morning the letter you sent to me. And i think i messed up the dates instead february i put march.i Was in hurry. Should i send another one or just wait for respond from them? I am Sorry i am litle worried because first time in such sutuation:(((((

no need to worry

theres nowt they can do to you.

dx

and they

Harlands took court action against a CAGger in 2015 and they made an absolute hash of it. See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?431240-Harlands-CRS-**WITHDRAW-COURT-CLAIM**&p=4710039&viewfull=1#post4710039

This is the only case I've seen here in the last 5+ years so it was good to see them withdraw the claim.

You need to read other threads here and learn for yourself how unlikely it is for any court action or damage to your CRA files to happen.

Will you definitely get any reply that Harlands send to you at the old address. If you're not sure, you need to write a 2nd letter just saying what I put in post #6 above.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi

i will send another one letter next week and i will tell them to comunicate only at this adress.

But i made mistake with the dates as i cancelled the membership on 29 or 30 february 2016 i dont remember ...

..and then i cancel the DD on march 2016

I just missed one payment for march.

The letter i send to them today i put 30.03.2016.

Can i correct it on second letter or too late :?)

cause you can

so just to be clear....

you cancelled 30 feb

you did not let the next DD AFTER feb 30 get taken?

and they

Hi Niz,

There's no 30th Feb, not even on a LEAP year !! :wink:

I suggest you send a second letter immediately to :-

1. Confirm that your letter should have said you cancelled at Golds Gym on 29th Feb, not March.

2. Confirm that Harlands/CRS must communicate with you at your new address.

When you cancelled at the gym, did you do this in person, by phone, by letter or email.

Were you on a 12 month m/ship and, if so, when did you join the gym.

Hi Niz,

There's no 30th Feb, not even on a LEAP year !! :wink:

I suggest you send a second letter immediately to :-

1. Confirm that your letter should have said you cancelled at Golds Gym on 29th Feb, not March.

2. Confirm that Harlands/CRS must communicate with you at your new address.

When you cancelled at the gym, did you do this in person, by phone, by letter or email.

Were you on a 12 month m/ship and, if so, when did you join the gym.

Hi i.cancelled in person at the gym .on 29 fevruary 2016 and my membership supposed to end on 1 march 2016 My contract was for 12 months. my mistake was to cancel DD so i missed last payment. I can send letter on monday :(((((

Hi Niz,

If you cancelled on 29th Feb, the m/ship would not end on 1st March.

If it had been done correctly, after giving notice on 29th Feb, the next DD would be paid and the m/ship and access to the gym would end following month.

For example, you gave notice on 29th Feb, Let's say the final DD was taken on 15th March - your m/ship and access to the gym would end on 14th April.

Please confirm :-

1. Date you joined the gym.

2. Day of the month your DD was normally paid.

Send nothing more to Harlands until we've sorted this out properly.

Hi Niz,

If you cancelled on 29th Feb, the m/ship would not end on 1st March.

If it had been done correctly, after giving notice on 29th Feb, the next DD would be paid and the m/ship and access to the gym would end following month.

For example, you gave notice on 29th Feb, Let's say the final DD was taken on 15th March - your m/ship and access to the gym would end on 14th April.

Please confirm :-

1. Date you joined the gym.

2. Day of the month your DD was normally paid.

Send nothing more to Harlands until we've sorted this out properly.

hi slick 123 thank for your reply. I dont remember when i join the gym. The DD they took every 1 of the month. Last one was on 1 march. They gave me cancelation form when i cancelled but i bin it long ago. So just one payment i owe to the gym. :)

Hi Niz,

Can you look back through your bank statements to see if you have paid 12 or more monthly fees up to and including the one paid on 1st March. Let us know as this is crucial to your case.

In your circumstances, because you gave notice on 29th Feb and you DID pay a further fee (on 1st March), I think you owe nothing more. But this is only IF you've now paid a total of 12 or more payments.

As a guide for the future, for a gym or any other m/ship, have a look here about how to cancel properly and avoid problems - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

;-)