Problem with Argos store card

Gizmo44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

As a newbie, I hope I have done the right thing.

I tried to post on the appropriate forum.

But got a message saying they were not accepting any new posts.

I really need some advice.

my husband was accepted for an Argos store card in 2014.

We only used it once and my husband paid off the balance.

He is very shrewd like that.

You can therefore imagine our horror when Argos got intouch to say that we had not paid for a ps4, that had been delivered to an alternative address.

My husband explained that this was nothing to do with us.

Had we ordered anything we would have made payment.

They continued to threaten us with court action and bailiffs,

so my husband asked for a copy of the signature that was given at the so called delivery address.

Argos responded by saying they no longer had it.

We then contacted the Ombudsman with all of the details,

they had obviously contacted Argos,

as yesterday we received a letter saying please see attached proof of signature.

It was a blank box. Nothing. Can someone please help us. We seem to be going around in circles.

Thank you.

Ha ha Argos!

Bailiffs HA HA HA HA!!

Stay off the phone, they get excited and start making things up as they go along.

Have you checked your credit files?

If not do so, Noddle and Clear Score are both free.

Stop, relax, there is absolutely nothing to worry about, stay off the phone, keep everything in writing.

If they ring, laugh and hang up.

Check your credit files first, when you say they 'got in touch' how exactly? By letter?

If so, can you scan and post it up, removing ALL identifiers first.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you for responding. I will upload a copy of the letter today. Does my husband have to pay for something he did not order or indeed take receipt of and there is nothing to prove otherwise. My hubby is worried sick. He will check his credit score and let me know at lunchtime. Thanks again

Of course he doesn't. The min wage lackeys on test phone will say anything. It's what they're paid to do. Demand full proof of the transaction from argos including where and when it was made and where it was delivered to, then speak to your local police dept about fraud

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

There is genuinely nothing to be worried about, esp where Argos are concerned.

Absolutely NOTHING, can or will, happen overnight, DO NOT pay a single penny for something you never ordered or received.

Once your OH has checked his CRF and confirmed there is nothing on there, then it can be batted back to Argos.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

There is genuinely nothing to be worried about, esp where Argos are concerned.

Absolutely NOTHING, can or will, happen overnight, DO NOT pay a single penny for something you never ordered or received.

Once your OH has checked his CRF and confirmed there is nothing on there, then it can be batted back to Argos.

Thank you so much for your help. Tbh I cannot see how they could chase for money, if they cannot supply proof of any kind. We won'the worry quite so much now. Perhaps not. My OH has just come home and confirmed that it has been put on his credit file as well. Can they do this when they have not provided any proof?

Edited by Gizmo44

You need to send Argos a Subject Access Request - this will cost you £10.00 and should provide all data they have in connection with your OH's relationship with Argos. This might even provide the address to where the item was sent.

If your OH's credit record has been blighted because of a fraudulent activity and you have advised Argos of this, then you should be able to take this further.. eg court action against Argos themselves.

You can use the template SAR letter from the CAG library - linked below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Argos have supplied the address the item went to. I doubt very much that they will admit anything. That is all they have provided.I will use the template letter today. My OH is a worries. The sooner this is sorted the better. Thank you most kindly.