• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HPH2/cohen Claim form - Lloyds TSB overdraft***Claim Discontinued***

UKDomains
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I've read numerous threads on here of people in a similar situation, and everyone seems to know exactly what to do. Me? Nope, I've turned to jelly and don't know what to do.

I received a County Court form on Friday. I've detailed more below:

Name of the Claimant ? Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd

Date of issue – 30th August 2016

Date of issue - 30th August 2016

Date to acknowledge by - 19th September 2016

Date to submit defence - 30th September 2016

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

1.The claim is for the sum of £419.13 in respect of monies owing pursuant to an overdraft facility under account number XXXXXX XXXXXXXX

The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP (Ex Lloyds Banking Group) to the claimant and notice has been served.

The defendant has failed to repay overdrawn sums owing under the terms and conditions of the bank account.

The claimant claims

1. The sum of £419.13

2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the county courtlink3.gif Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 18/05/2012 to the date hereof 1559 is the sum of £143.27

3. Future interest accruing at the daily rate of £ .09

4. Costs

What is the value of the claim? £692.40

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Overdraft

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? After 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.

Assigned to MKDP LLC originally, who seems to have then sold it on to Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes, from Lloyds to MKDP LLC, not to Hoist.

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Not sure, I don’t think so

Why did you cease payments? At the time numerous Payday lenders were raiding the account, I requested help from Lloyds TSB (verbally), they refused to help, I abandoned the account beginning 2011, charges from payday lenders' activities causing bank account to go overdrawn started to rise. (If I recall correctly, by overdraft limit was £100). Lloyds TSB started chasing me on phone, I complained that I had requested help, that the amount was purely bank charges - Lloyds TSB not interested, just wanted payment.

What was the date of your last payment? Approximately June 2011.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes, a verbal one though.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementlink3.gif plan?

No plan entered into with them. Had spoken to them on the phone, they were not interested, just wanted payment for the overdrawn fees.

My bank account was being raided,

I changed banks as Lloyds TSB were refusing to stop the payday lenders from raiding the account,

everytime a payday lender would raid it,

it would go over limit,

then Lloyds TSB refunded the payment,

added their overdrawn charge on it,

pushing it back overdrawn, then they'd add more interest and more overdrawn fees.

I really don't know what to do here now.

I'm about 11 months away from having all traces of payday lenders off my credit file,

13 months away from my last default falling off.

I can really do with not having a CCJ on my hands.

It makes me so sad/angry how after all these years, payday lenders have come back to bite me in the behind.

So, I have a few options if I wanted to pay them:

1. I'm getting my annual bonus at the end of September.

I could pay them (Would it be for the total of £692.40?) This would result in no CCJ.

2. Perhaps a Tomlin order? How would I request this?

3. Defend? I don't really have anything to defend do I?

4. Option 4? Is there one?

I'm going to be reading even more on the forum, but I'm lost. I'd really appreciate some advice/help.

well do the usual anyway

ack the claim on MCOL website

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked

get a CPR31:14 for a current account running to cohens

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nothing

just don't miss defence filing date whatever happens or not

plenty of threads here to read

noticed you don't appear to have read any overdraft claimform threads to research things yet?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx, have read a few. Mostly on my phone which isn't logged in.

Are they allowed to change the default value? My newest credit report now shows £692.40 instead of £419. The £692 consists of the principal, interest and costs.

Not worth worrying about at this stage

Quite usual for them to backdate the int to assignment date

If its OK is another matter

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, down to crunch time. Been away last week for week. by my calculation the 33 days will be on Saturday 1st of October, so I'm assuming final date for defence will be tomorrow.

their POC:

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

1.The claim is for the sum of £419.13 in respect of monies owing pursuant to an overdraft facility under account number XXXXXX XXXXXXXX

2.The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP (Ex Lloyds Banking Group) to the claimant and notice has been served.

3.The defendant has failed to repay overdrawn sums owing under the terms and conditions of the bank account.

The claimant claims

1. The sum of £419.13

2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the county courtlink3.gif Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 18/05/2012 to the date hereof 1559 is the sum of £143.27

4. Costs

My defence:

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1, I accept that I have held a current account with Lloyds TSB. I have not serviced this account since early 2011 due to the punitive charges and interest being applied which made the account untenable and impossible to facilitate. The amount claimed is far in excess of any agreed overdraft limit with Lloyd's Bank.

I deny that the account exceeded an agreed overdraft limit due to overdrawing of funds and claim that this is a result of unfair and extortionate bank charges/penalties being applied to the account. I had verbally requested on numerous occasions to cancel existing continous payment authorities various payday lenders had in place (CPA's) but Lloyds TSB refused to do this.

These charges were made up of purely bounced payment attempt charges, unauthorised overdraft fees and interest on this. It is therefore denied that I am indebted for any alleged outstanding residue.

It is further contended that neither Lloyds nor MKDP served notice of assignment.

With respect to failing to repay sums under the terms and conditions of the account, Lloyds failed me as a client when I requested help and I maintain that Lloyds were in breach of their own terms and conditions in not helping me as a client when help was requested.

OK, any thoughts? Had no idea really what to defend, and hoping this might be a holding defence.

Howard cohen have not responded to my CPr request.

We prefer you stick to the tried and tested versions...post#16

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?469292-PRA-Claim-Form-HSBC-current-account-OD

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

That's why you guys are the experts :)

Ok, revised version:

Particulars....

2.The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP (Ex Lloyds Banking Group) to the claimant and notice has been served.

3.The defendant has failed to repay overdrawn sums owing under the terms and conditions of the bank account.

The claimant claims

1. The sum of £419.13

2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the county court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 18/05/2012 to the date hereof 1559 is the sum of £143.27

4. Costs

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. I accept that I have held a current account with Lloyds TSB. I have not serviced this account since mid-2011 due to the punitive charges and interest being applied which made the account untenable and impossible to facilitate. The amount claimed is far in excess of any agreed overdraft limit with Lloyd's Bank. I deny that the account exceeded an agreed overdraft limit due to overdrawing of funds and claim that this is a result of unfair and extortionate bank charges/penalties being applied to the account. It is therefore denied that I am indebted for any alleged outstanding residue.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have never been served a Notice of Assignment in accordance with s.136 Law of Property Act 1925.

3.Paragraph 3.......???

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed before even considering adding section 69 interest which I understand is at the courts discretion.

The claimant is also put to strict proof to:-.

(a) Provide a copy agreement/facility arrangement along with the Terms and conditions at inception, which this claim is based on.

(b) Provide a copy of the Notice served under 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974 Demand /Recall Notice and Notice of Assignment.

© Provide a breakdown of their excessive charging/fees levied to the account with justification.

(d) Show how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed.

(e) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

(f) Show how they have complied with sections III & IV of Practice Direction - Pre-action Conduct.

5. On receipt of this claim I requested documentation by way of a CPR 31.14 request, which was received by the Claimant on the 19/9/2016. The Claimant has failed to comply with this request. Therefore the claimant in their non compliance to my requests have frustrated my attempts to clarify their claim and against pre action protocol should be considered when the question of costs arise.

6.By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Question:

Does this defence cover the section of the POC where it states: The defendant has failed to repay overdrawn sums owing under the terms and conditions of the bank account.

" Does this defence cover the section of the POC where it states: The defendant has failed to repay overdrawn sums owing under the terms and conditions of the bank account. "

No you have to edit to suit your particulars...you have not made a response to their point 3.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Right,let's try again. After reading numerous Howard Cohen claim forms I've come up with the following:

The claimant claims

1. The sum of £419.13

4. Costs

Defence

1. Paragraph 1. I accept that I have held a current account with Lloyds TSB. I have not serviced this account since mid-2011 due to the punitive charges and interest being applied which made the account untenable and impossible to facilitate. The amount claimed is far in excess of any agreed overdraft limit with Lloyd's Bank. I deny that the account exceeded an agreed overdraft limit due to overdrawing of funds and claim that this is a result of unfair and extortionate bank charges/penalties being applied to the account. It is therefore denied that I am indebted for any alleged outstanding residue.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have never been served a Notice of Assignment in accordance with s.136 Law of Property Act 1925.

3.Paragraph 3 is denied and reiterate my response as above any amount claimed is far in excess of any agreed overdraft limit with Lloyd's Bank. Any alleged balance claimed is a result of unfair and extortionate bank charges/penalties being applied to the account. It is therefore denied that I am indebted for any alleged outstanding residue.

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed before even considering adding section 69 interest which I understand is at the courts discretion.

The claimant is also put to strict proof to:-.

(a) Provide a copy agreement/facility arrangement along with the Terms and conditions at inception, which this claim is based on.

(b) Provide a copy of the Notice served under 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974 Demand /Recall Notice and Notice of Assignment.

© Provide a breakdown of their excessive charging/fees levied to the account with justification.

(d) Show how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed.

(e) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

(f) Show how they have complied with sections III & IV of Practice Direction - Pre-action Conduct.

5. On receipt of this claim I requested documentation by way of a CPR 31.14 request, which was received by the Claimant on the 19/9/2016. The Claimant has failed to comply with this request. Therefore the claimant in their non compliance to my requests have frustrated my attempts to clarify their claim and against pre action protocol should be considered when the question of costs arise.

6.By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claime

Edited by Andyorch
Edited

3.Paragraph 3 is denied, the claimant has failed to provide any evidence of agreement/contract/breach as requested by CPR 31.14

Isnt that changing the subject ? :-D

Still not a valid response in all honesty.......

To put it in simple terms they are accusing you of defaulting and failing to pay back the overdraft...so your response needs to negate the accusation and the reason why its not been paid back.

So I was simply refer them to your point 1.

You dont intend to pay a balance that is simply made up of unfair charges and interest...a balance that in the main is of the banks own making ?

So how about....

Paragraph 3 is denied and reiterate my response as above any amount claimed is far in excess of any agreed overdraft limit with Lloyd's Bank. Any alleged balance claimed is a result of unfair and extortionate bank charges/penalties being applied to the account. It is therefore denied that I am indebted for any alleged outstanding residue.

Check the defence now in post# 12.

Thank you so much for your help Andy, it makes a lot more sense than my attempt.

As day 33 is tomorrow, I will be filing defence shortly.

Bah got stuck in traffic, does it matter that I filed defence at 16:08, as day 33 is tomorrow? Tomorrow is Saturday, so they'll only process on Monday?

Actually I think I might be safe:

If the order is silent on time you can still serve after 4pm personally or electronically up until 4.30pm on that business day (CPR 6.26).

no you'll be ok till midnight as its not due today AFAIK.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

I received an acknowledgement from the courts that my defence had been submitted, and that Cohen had 28 days to respond from the service of my defence otherwise it would be stayed.

When does that 28 days start? Do they also get 5 days from defence submitted date, or the date I submitted? I'm trying to work out how long they have to respond.

day you filed defence

and they

I received an acknowledgement from the courts that my defence had been submitted, and that Cohen had 28 days to respond from the service of my defence otherwise it would be stayed.

When does that 28 days start? Do they also get 5 days from defence submitted date, or the date I submitted? I'm trying to work out how long they have to respond.

Yes 33 days including service of the defence.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just another update and need some help now.

Received in the post "Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track" (Looks almost like this is Howard Cohan's cover letter, as it says on it "A copy of the defence has already been sent to you bu the defendant")

Attached to this is the DQ.

Please check if I have this all correct:

I complete A1 with a tick saying yes I agree to mediation.

Complete section B with all my details

C - acknowledge small claims track is appropriate

D1 Hearing Venue - ??? Enter my closest County court?

D2 - Don't have any expert witness so I say NO?

D3: enter 1 (myself)

D4: let them know the days I'm not available (I have a lot of time I'll be out of the country)

Now what do I do? Howard Cohan never responded to my CPR request (I have a copy of them receiving and singing for letter)

Do I just complete form and send in tocourts, send a copy to Howard Cohen and wait?

no you both get a copy of the same form

fill out you part

send it to the court

yes to mediation

the rest is obv

and they

" Do I just complete form and send in to courts, send a copy to Howard Cohen and wait? "

Yes and the claimant should reciprocate UK.

Andy