Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2010

Default Re: I have UK debts and want to apply for another visa

Please read the information already provided in this thread.

They will have been checking your credit record for any ongoing activity in the UK and if you have been away, then there will not have been anything recent. So unlikely they would go for a CCJ and even if they did, a CCJ would not affect you returning to the UK. It is purely a civil matter between you and the owner of the debt.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

and that's a discount email...
    so no doubt a lemon debt anyway

just remember a DCAicon is NOT A BAILIFF.

dx

Basic Account Holder totonbe Novitiate

Cagger since : Dec 2017

I hope you will be able to answer my query. I am currently a student on TIER 4 visa, i have received a CCJ but agreed to pay it by instalments. I need to extend my visa for a postgraduate course, will the CCJ affect my application ?
    Thanks

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

this thread is for fazm
    please start a new threadicon<<clickme
    of your own

Basic Account Holder London1971 Novitiate London1971 Novitiate

Cagger since : May 2017

Hi,

To re assure you

My wife had to go through the full immigration to the UK process several years back in order to gain indefinite leave to remain. I can assure you, the issue of our then joint (substantial) UK debt did not ever come up, even during the fairly tough interview we had to go through at Croydon !

tell us about the CCJ
    did you defend at all?

Basic Account Holder totonbe Novitiate

Cagger since : Dec 2017

Yes, i agreed to pay by instalments.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details