style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, but

I checked my credit file on clearscore.com today

- that tv advert with the girl shoving her smelly feet into the bloke's face on the laptop with the dog between his legs!

Ha! I love that advert.

I gave in and logged on - it showed I had a Debt Relief Order back in October 2011. Sure enough.

But about 3 of the debts which were included in the DRO were showing as not being defaulted until late 2012.

I was discharged from the DRO in October 2012,

but these 3 debts will not clear my credit file until at least 2019 due to the way they registered the default.

I'm confused.

2 Questions if I may please -

1. Does my DRO drop off my credit file from when it was granted, or when it was fulfilled.

2. Any debts included in my DRO, can a company individually default them AFTER they were originally included in said Debt Relief Order.

I'd really appreciate some direction to legislation on this please. thanks.

The dro will stay on your file for 6 yrs after its been discharged, any defaults registered for debts included in the dro should have been registered before the dro was granted and certainly no later than the date of the dro.

Time for complaining to the Organisations concerned and if no joy, forward to the ICO

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

and seek compensation too on those that were not defaulted on or before the DRO!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry my mistake, the dro will be removed 6 yrs from its start date, not its end date, see below

http://debtcamel.co.uk/bankruptcy-iva-dro-credit-rating/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Andyorch has added this to the debate.

Credit reference agencies keep information on DRO’s for six years in the same way as they do for most other information.Even after six years, your ability to get a mortgagelink3.gif could be affected. This is because some lenders may ask if you have ever been made bankrupt or had a DRO.

A DRO will be displayed on the Individual Insolvency Register in the same way as a bankruptcy order.Your details will be held on the Individual Insolvency Register for the 12 months your DRO lasts, plus an extra 3 months. This means 15 months in total.

Default markers will remain for a period of 6 yearslink3.gif irrespective of when they were placed.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Andyorch has added this to the debate.

Credit reference agencies keep information on DRO’s for six years in the same way as they do for most other information.Even after six years, your ability to get a mortgagelink3.gif could be affected. This is because some lenders may ask if you have ever been made bankrupt or had a DRO.

A DRO will be displayed on the Individual Insolvency Register in the same way as a bankruptcy order.Your details will be held on the Individual Insolvency Register for the 12 months your DRO lasts, plus an extra 3 months. This means 15 months in total.

Default markers will remain for a period of 6 yearslink3.gif irrespective of when they were placed.

Illegitimi non carborundum