Virgin on the ridiculous

martin2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So my better half decided to apply for VM services.

Easy to do, so you would think? In practice its anything but!

Application was accepted and an install date was given, since then its all gone a bit pete tong. Emails arrived, at my better half's email address, addressed to her ex partner! Note that at no point has anyone given anybody else's details other than my good lady giving her own during application.

It should also be noted that there was a restraining order against her ex.

As well as emails in an incorrect name, vm would not allow my good lady to access the account which had been set up, why? You may ask, it was because of data protection regs. They didnt care too much that data protection had been seriously breached by adding a 3rd party to an account without permission and carrying out credit checks on said 3rd party!

This was all laid out in a complaint to the CEO's office, a reply has been received.

In it, VM blame the field agent for applying the wrong details to the wrong account, this is untrue, the field agent has showed my good lady the application, in which only herself was listed as an applicant.

This whole saga has caused massive distress to my better half, not least due to the ex partner being slightly less than chuffed at the thought of my good lady attempting to obtain services in his name and the ensuing problems this caused.

So what was VM response in regards to resolving this?

Re apply, but they still want an upfront payment of £25, for what? No one knows.

A free months service, yep, just 1, i think they can do a lot better than just 1.

They are reporting themselves to the ICO for the data breach. I will make certain they do.

So what do you all think my good lady should expect as an adequate resolution?

All thoughts are welcome and i will be helping her with a suitable response very soon.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Makes you wonder where they pulled the data from to pull up the wife's ex name and what/how can any connection to any application could trigger this martin ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

HAs your other half moved since being with her nasty ex? As if so, couldn't this trigger a search on his credit file showing her current address?

VM are a law to themselves, they have banned me for life for complaining about the shower of shyyt they provided me at the time. Actually labled me a fraudster to prevent rejoining. Then they say " We will not provide service to you now or the near future as we do not think we would be able to provide a service that meets your expectations".

Go with Sky / BT fibre and they look at Android TV boxes :)

It beggars belief Andy, somebody, somewhere, within VM have added the details of the ex afterwards, i know this because initially my good lady received a confirmation email in her own name at her email address. A little later in the application process, the emails received were addressed to the ex but still delivered to her email address, somebody had altered something.

Flexeh, she still lives at the same address she lived at for 8 yrs now.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

It's incredible that there are still people around to trust VM with their details.

I wouldn't trust them to sweep my drive, let alone handle a 21st century service.

Be ready to a long, frustrating process to get rid of them.

It beggars belief Andy, somebody, somewhere, within VM have added the details of the ex afterwards, i know this because initially my good lady received a confirmation email in her own name at her email address. A little later in the application process, the emails received were addressed to the ex but still delivered to her email address, somebody had altered something.

Flexeh, she still lives at the same address she lived at for 8 yrs now.

I'm wondering if after her application, that VM then did a credit search, from which they discovered your partners ex was linked to her @ her address (from before she was with you) & that the VM agent then incorrectly used this info to cause the issues your having now.

As nothing else makes sense otherwise.

If this were me, I would push further for more than 1 months free, this is an utterly ridiculous outcome for a situation that they caused, along side all the stress & distress caused to your partner & self.

Good luck!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Forget about free stuff.

My advice is to run for the hills, otherwise you will regret it.

If you can avoid any dealings with VM do it, avoid!

Remember my words when you'll eventually file court papers.

VM have breached the Data Protection Act. Misuse of data and data added incorrectly.

Think i would complain to VM Data Protection/head of compliance and advise that you will involve the ICO in looking at how VM handles data.

I see they say that they have already reported to the ICO, but i i have a doubt about this. They don't normally report one single breach, but a number of breaches caused by a process error.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They are above the law, nothing will be done by the ico and if you sue them they'll shut you up with some compensation so you don't expose them in court.

My advice is to cancel the contract or you will be in a lot of trouble.

VM have breached the Data Protection Act. Misuse of data and data added incorrectly.

Think i would complain to VM Data Protection/head of compliance and advise that you will involve the ICO in looking at how VM handles data.

I see they say that they have already reported to the ICO, but i i have a doubt about this. They don't normally report one single breach, but a number of breaches caused by a process error.

Absolutely agree UB, though i'm not sure that the better half can do much about it as it wasnt her data that has been the cause of the breach, its the ex's

Somebody, somewhere in the application process has added the ex's details.

The first confirmation of order email was correctly addressed to my better half, this kinda has me thinking the agent wasnt in the wrong at the point of application at least, its the following ones that were then incorrectly addressed to the ex, but still came to her email address. It got even trickier when they began texting the ex's phone re the installation, thats when the poop starting hitting the fan.