Parcel2go - customer rejected delivery because it took too long

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I placed an order with Parcel2go via MyHermes on 20th July.

I dispatched the small item on economy service which I would assume 3-5 days max.

My Ebay customer started ranting and set up an issue that he didnt receive the item after 5 working days.

I tracked it and sent a copy to him and contacted company that assured my parcel would be delivered within 24hrs.

after 10 days my customer refused to accept the parcel in annoyance 1st August.

I assumed the parcel would be returned to me.

I checked yesterday and it states that its been signed for.

This is now the issue

I have contacted Parcel2go and they want me to pay again to have the parcel returned to myself????

In the meanwhile Ebay have sided with the customer and refunded the item and the postage

however I am left is debt now as the tracking states - endless excuses why it wasn't delivered.

I have have now had money withdrawn out of my account and the parcel is in the hands of someone who can prob resell the item - surely this is illegal practice as it hasnt been delivered.

Is it worth complaining and threaten with small claims?

Yes, I was puzzled about this as well. How come it has been signed for.

Yes you can consider a small claim. It clearly wasn't delivered within a reasonable time. However, as a trader, you claim will have to be heard in their court.

If you can show that you are a consumer then it will be heard in yours. If the case is listed for your local court then it is certain that they will put their hands up.

If it is in their court, they may well pay you around a bit before putting their hands up

This does look confusing. My customer refused the parcel and requested his money back which ebay did in his favour. I assume the parcel is back in the depot now as it states on T&Cs that it goes back to them (unsure if they have a depot - more likely MyHermes?) It states on their T&Cs that any parcels not delivered are held in their favour and will have to pay to return however because the customer waited 10 days when he was in is the issue here. Paying another £8 is not an option.

• 5 months later...