Sony Bravia Tv Broken after Two Years

tlogic4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My sony Bravia TV has developed a fault after two years,

where by the screen is green when I turn it on.

As it is outside the Warranty period I asked currys to fix, replace or contribute to a new tv under the SOGA.

They said unless I can get a independent report demonstrating that the TV had a manufacturing fault they can't help me.

I paid £575 for this TV and two last only two years is a joke.

Where can I get an independent report carried out?

thanks for your help.

Follow the steps below to perform Power Reset on the TV.

1. Turn off the TV.

2. Unplug the power cord of the TV from the electrical outlet.

3. Let the TV remain without power for 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

5. Turn on the TV.

Whilst performimg the power reset make sure all other cables are disconnected from the tv to eliminate all voltages however small. It doesnt always work but worth a try.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=323196

Also see the above thread if the power reset fails to help.

It could assist you if you need to prove a fault existed beforehand despite it being 2yrs to show up

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 1 month later...

Hi thanks for your replies. I tried the above methods and it dosen't seem to work. I took the TV into an approved Sony repiar shop and they have confirmed the LCD panel is faulty and it will costs circa £400 to fix. The shop confirmed they have so many Sony Bravia Tvs comming in with the same problem belives it's a manufacturing fault but he cannot state that in his report as he will risk sony taking away his license as an approved repairer. I was woundering if I have a case under the reasonable length of time clause under the SOGA.

Approach sony themselves with soga in your back pocket, whenever ive dealt with sony in the past ive found then very helpful.

I would only use soga if they just play hardball. Be polite, it often works best.

there used to be a 5 yr auto job on certain bravias (listed in the pdf) from dsg stores (activation not needed if from dsgi)

maybe it wasnt available when you bought, but can double check if yours is in there and applicable. as martin says.

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/files/services/en_gb/Extended_Warranty_Terms_Conditions.pdf