NRAM - Outstanding Debt £105K (after repossession)

flappymoog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guy's,

I'm not sure how to play this one, I bought a property with my ex back in 2007 for around 95K (In Scotland)

To cut a long story short we separated, she left and went into a "trust deed" Nram wouldn't remove her from the property and I was basically left to pay the arrears at the time and the mortgage while i wasn't living in it.

I tried and tried to take the property in my name, my only chance was to then rent the property out pay the arrears.... moving on the house was repossessed about a year ago and they undersold it at 80K, no payments have been made for exactly 6 years!

They only actually defaulted the account about a year ago!

NRAm are after 105K - yes 105K which is probably about what we borrowed originally, I don't have a breakdown of the fees / costs / interest but I will request this tomorrow.

They only just started to chase the balance today, and they are now telling me that they will now pass to a debt collector if I don't reply within 60 days :)

I have no assets, and I am just out of work this week - so they are not going to get anything. I have tried to make arrangments in the past but they have always declined, they wanted to repossess.

Facts

The property was empty for 5 years

No payment been made in 6 years

I can't get hold of the ex to see what she thinks

credit file should have been defaulted long before it was?

Cheers

If you are still based in Scotland, it might be advisable to seek local advice about whether going bankrupt ( Scottish equivalent) might be the best option. Depends on whether you own any assets and whether it would affect you that much.

The reason is that mortgage debts are enforcement for longer than the normal 5 or 6 year statute barred period and therefore it will be sometime before the debt is not enforceable in a court.

You could send NRAM a letter asking for more information including copies of all paperwork that relates to the £105k they allege is owed. Advise that on receipt of the paperwork, you will have to obtain legal/debt advice, looking at all options.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

12 yrs sb so that's out the window

Passing it to Debt collectors??

Strange

Have they since the day of the the repo written to you wanting the shortfall paid

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...