Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: RBS Credit card

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default RBS Credit card

I've requested a copy of a so called credit card agreement from RBSicon way back in 2012.
    The whole thing went into serious dispute

I have never received a copy of the so called agreement or my money back.

So far, after two credit companies, Triton and Westcot have failed to get anywhere
    and RBS have sold the account to Cabot Financial.

They have sent me a document that RBS claims to be the executable agreement
    but it is nothing more than a re-hashed card application form with various parts copied into it.
    Anybody had any similar experiences.

Regards
    Mike

Default Re: RBS Credit card

yes quite common for cabot to raid their filing cabinet and copy and paste something
    can you scan it to PDFicon?
    follow the uploadicon <<clickme guide.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

I don't think this is Cabot's doing, I think this is something that RBSicon has concocted

would have thought that Cabot, if they are as competent about things as they think they are,
    would have realized that this is a concoction but,

I was under the understanding that while a serious dispute exists the account cannot be passed to a third party hence the reason why Triton and Westcot dropped out.
    Regards
    Mike

prob to your advantage if they've sold it

to me that points to issues
    as halifaxicon couldn't have been confident its court enforceable?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Cabot rarely ever deal in legit debts. They just by bad ones in bulk then harass and bluff people into paying. If they had 100000 debts to manage and say 1000 paid in full, then theyve likely covered the cost of buying those debs and made a sizeable profit. But they usually bluff many more people into paying. They dont even check if the debt is enforceable or legit until the debtor queries it, and very few debtors do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

look at your old threads for me
    tell me which one this thread is related too please

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following